Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Backup Bob
    • May 2004

e-Mail Settings

Is there a listing of settings for e-mail servers and mail client configuration on the Dathorn Website? Or is there a sticky posting in the forums?

It would be good to have these and other settings readily available.

Many thanks.
    A very satisfied customer since 06/02/03. Dathorn rocks!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

All of the relevant settings can be found in the Email Accounts section of the domain's cPanel.

Comment

• Backup Bob
      • May 2004

Is there a generic server name I can use instead of a specific cPanel?

When my domains were moved from cPanel 75 to cPanel 79 all was well for some time. One day the mail stopped working and I had to re-configure each user's mail client. Using a generic server name would eliminate that problem.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

No, you should use the server address that is listed there which will differ per server. This would only change as your server is replaced with a new one every few years. Clients are notified weeks before this occurs, providing plenty of notice to plan for any necessary changes.

If this is a problem for you, you can opt to use your own domain as the server instead but you may receive SSL warnings if you are connecting via SSL and do not have a SSL certificate installed.

Comment

• Backup Bob
          • May 2004

I will keep it simple, thanks. I have only had 2-3 server changes since 2003 so it is not a major issue.

Comment

Working...