Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaCurryman
    • Mar 2004

Password Changing within SquirrelMail

I remember in the old forums, there was a link given that allowed users to change their webmail password through some javascript I think. I was wondering if anyone still had that link.

I would prefer to install a change password plugin for SQMail, but the problem is that none of them seem to work for me. Most of them either require another program or process to be running, which I don't think Dathorn's servers run. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Dan
    • Mar 2004

As far as I know none of these ever worked.

Comment

• DaCurryman
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Dan
      As far as I know none of these ever worked.
      That's the problem...why wont any of these work for us? Actually, the javascript one I mentioned did work, but it was just a bad way of going about it or something.

Comment

• Dan
        • Mar 2004

My guess is because it has to integrate with CPanel and even CPanel has a hard time integrating with CPanel!

Comment

• openbox
          • Mar 2004

If you knew cPanel's hooks, you could probably write your own fairly easily, or you could modify one of the Squirrelmail plugins.

Comment

• iodja
            • Mar 2004

I believe this is just what you are looking for This plugin lets you change passwords from within squirrelmail on CPanel servers.

Comment

• DaCurryman
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by iodja
              I believe this is just what you are looking for This plugin lets you change passwords from within squirrelmail on CPanel servers.

http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=204
              I'm pretty sure Ikkebra and I tried that one and it didnt work. I'll try it again tonight when I get home just to confirm.

Comment

• iodja
                • Mar 2004

It works for me

Comment

• Bob
                  • Mar 2004

Iodja, could you share with us the string you used to make it work ? Have been trying to make it work with no luck.

Thanks

Comment

• iodja
                    • Mar 2004

Ok, but it has been awhile so I’m not entirely sure what all I had to change around to get it working. I believe the main thing you need to be concerned with is making sure that the links in the configuration file correspond to the cPanel theme that you are running. Each theme has different link structures, so the easiest way to get it working is just change the cPanel theme for that domain to “Iconic”. That is the default theme the script uses. I hope that helps you

Comment

• andriven
                      • Mar 2004

This is a link to a cPanel provided Perl script to change mail passwords...works quite well.

Comment

• Bob
                        • Mar 2004

"Andriven", the problem with using that Cpanel password change link, is that it also provides a way for the Email user to reach the default versions of Squirrel Mail, NeoMail and Horde. If you have your own Customized version of Squirrel Mail you don't want to confuse your other email users with the default versions.

Comment

• andriven
                          • Mar 2004

Hmmm.....true....I don't think it used to be that way a while ago...guess they changed the web pages on that cgi.

Bummer....

Edit: I've gotten ahold of the webmailpasswd.cgi....will have to play around with it a bit sometime.
                          Last edited by andriven; 04-03-2004, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• Slider
                            • Mar 2004

I'm digging this one up from the dead as I have tried to use the Squirrelmail CPanel password changer and have not been successful. I am getting the following when I attempt to change my password:

CPanel Output - Change POP email account password
                            TTP/1.0 404 Not Found Server: cpsrvd/9.4.2 Connection: close Content-type: text/html
                            Not Found
                            The server was not able to find the document (./frontend/iconic/mail/dopasswdpop.html) you requested
                            Please check the url and try again. You might also want to report
                            this error to your webhost.

Any ideas? I'm guessing it's looking for someone that is not within my account but is on the server.
                            Broadband Rangers
                            Project Goodtimes

Comment

• DaCurryman
                              • Mar 2004

I'm going to dig this one up again. Someone please tell me there has been some progress on this...

I hate creating e-mails for friends and then not allowing them to set-up their own password.

Comment

Working...