Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben
    • Mar 2004

Postini

Sounds great Andrew but how does it work in practice? Do we need to change the MX record or our domains to point to a different server or do users have to change the pop3 settings on their accounts?

Thanks,
    Ben
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

The MX records for the domains are changed (we do this for you).

Comment

• Ben
      • Mar 2004

Thanks Andrew, order placed.

Ben

Comment

• halyfax
        • Mar 2004

Is the $2/month, per email account / per domain / or per reseller account?

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by halyfax
          Is the $2/month, per email account / per domain / or per reseller account?
          One Postini account can be used to filter a single e-mail address with 5 e-mail aliases.
          Last edited by AndrewT; 08-15-2006, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• halyfax
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
            This seems to be the hardest part to try and explain.

It can be setup however you like. Each Postini account only has one set of filtering settings, etc. All spam and virus infected e-mails that are caught by the Postini account are only viewable by the single Postini user. So if you have all of your domains filtered through Postini, only you would be able to view the spam and virus infected e-mails for these domains in the Message Center and they would all be jumbled together.
            Would this be something we could offer our reseller account customers and they could pay the $2/month for their own domain(s)? This way they can administer their own filters?

If we sign up for a postini account do we choose which domains to filter, and if so can we add additional domains at a later date. Or for that matter remove domains at a later date? Just trying to figure out how this thing will be administered.

Or are we limited to how many postini accounts we can have on one reseller account?

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Would this be something we could offer our reseller account customers and they could pay the $2/month for their own domain(s)? This way they can administer their own filters?
              Absolutely.

If we sign up for a postini account do we choose which domains to filter, and if so can we add additional domains at a later date. Or for that matter remove domains at a later date? Just trying to figure out how this thing will be administered.
              You can choose which domains to filter, but you have to let us know as only we have access to change these in the Postini system.

Or are we limited to how many postini accounts we can have on one reseller account?
              You can purchase as many as you like. We give administrative access to one Postini account per customer which has the ability to manage settings for all other Postini accounts you may have.

Comment

• felipe808
                • Mar 2004

How does this work? The email is routed through Postini servers, filtered and then pushed back to dathorn?

Comment

• Dane
                  • Mar 2005

Do we need to contact you each time as we add or remove hosted domains in order to have the domains added or removed from the Postini account? I am asking about the option of having all domains included in one Postini account.
                  Last edited by Dane; 08-15-2006, 10:46 AM. Reason: Edited to clarify question

Comment

• AndrewT
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by felipe808
                    How does this work? The email is routed through Postini servers, filtered and then pushed back to dathorn?
                    Yes.

Comment

• AndrewT
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2004

Please see my latest post in this thread: http://forums.dathorn.com/showthread.php?t=2431

Comment

• felipe808
                        • Mar 2004

what happens when their servers break? What's their reliability like?

Comment

• AndrewT
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by felipe808
                          what happens when their servers break? What's their reliability like?
                          You are given 4 different MX records that will handle your e-mail. We've never had a problem with their reliability.

Comment

• ChrisTech
                            • Mar 2004

I took the plunge on my GrandFather's email account on a domain I host. Hopefully it will cut out all the crap, then I don't have to log into webmail about once a week to weed thru it all. For $2 a month it's worth it, as long as it works.

I wouldn't do it for most of my accounts since its only for one email account. But its something nice that can help a few accounts out there.
                            Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Klaassh
                              • Mar 2004

Andrew, Bear with me.
                              2 domains hosted on the same dathorn account, as these are using the same email server can an address from one domain be set up as an alias for the other domain?

eg:
                              main email = webmaster@domain1
                              Alias email = someone@domain2

I am not interested in setting up other customers on the one account, they can pay for their own. But paying for one postini and having my home's 4 email addresses (from 2 domains) filtered by that single postini account would be great.
                              A good friend will bail you out of jail
                              But your best friend will be sitting next to you,
                              saying "That was awesome!"

Comment

Working...