X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

September 2004 Uptime

At the end of every month I will now be posting uptime report outlines for the past month as I think these will be fairly informative.

35 servers total
    8 - 100% uptime
    6 - <10 minutes down
    10 - 10 to <30 minutes down
    3 - 30 to <1hr down
    5 - 1hr to <2hrs down
    3 - >2hrs down

The three servers having in excess of 2hrs of downtime are cpanel09b, cpanel21, and cpanel22. The first two were upgraded to our new system this month (which in itself caused over an hour of downtime) and have since performed nearly flawless. cpanel22 is scheduled for this same upgrade within the next week or so.

In the 1hr to hrs2 of downtime period we have cpanel08, which was upgraded to our new system and continued to have software related problems this month which we were finally able to isolate and up to this point (12 days) resolve. The remaining 4 servers are a mix of those that need to be upgraded as well and those that just had customers on there that caused some problems for us which has since been taken care of.

Our goal is to maintain less than 30 minutes of downtime per month on every server. Thus far, I do think we've faired pretty well given that 24 of 35 servers met this goal. Though as I've explained above, there is still room for us to improve - which is exactly what we intend to do.
Working...