Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cathode
    • Oct 2004

Clean IP, and transfer questions

Ok. dathorn has my full attention now, and they seem like a rela good company.

FIrst question. I REALLY need a clean IP. I was assured via email from Andrew that they don't have this type of trouble, but the confirmation email from signing up on these boards was filtered as bulk by my yahoo account: X-YahooFilteredBulk: 207.44.136.15

edit: my current ip and company usues the planet as well. I can't afford to end u pwith all of my customer's emails and sites getting blaklisted all over the place again.

Also, apologies if i'm not supposed to post ip addys here.

Next question:

I'm in the odd situation of not eing able to cancel my old account after i switch over. Since many of my clients control their own domains, and have their nameservers pointed to my current personalized nameservers, once i sign up here will that switch over be automatic once my new personalized nameservers have propogated? I confess that I don't know how this will work. example: i can't tell my clients to change their nameservers because my new nameservers here will be the same, just pointed to a diff IP.

Also, can i get a dedicated IP? I'm willing to pay. what's the process to "justify" it...

thanks
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

Usually SSL, etc. is justification for a static IP.
    First is free, each other is so much $/mo, I think.

No idea (personally) bout the other two.
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• Mar 2004

When you switch the IP associated with your custom name servers then it will switch all your customers that are pointed to the custom name servers. This is done at your domain name registor.

The IPs that I’m on are not blacklisted… if one does become listed Dathorn takes care of it as quickly as possible or they switch the server IP to one that is not blacklisted… both have happened to me but were taken care of.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

I spoke with this individual via e-mail regarding these questions.

Comment

• cathode
          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by www
          When you switch the IP associated with your custom name servers then it will switch all your customers that are pointed to the custom name servers. This is done at your domain name registor.

The IPs that I’m on are not blacklisted… if one does become listed Dathorn takes care of it as quickly as possible or they switch the server IP to one that is not blacklisted… both have happened to me but were taken care of.
          That is good to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. Also Thanks Andrew for answering all of my questions.

Comment

Working...