Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brett
    • Mar 2004

OsCommerce, Zen-Cart or OsCommerce Loaded

I'm getting ready to implement another storefront for a client. All of these are overkill and should serve our needs. Of these 3 which would you recommend? Is either more reliable than the other, etc.? I'm leaning towards Zen-Cart at the moment. Forums are very busy and full of good stuff. Of course there is always a couple of others...

My selection so far is in this order (forst 3 are oscommerce based):

Portal Web Hosting provides you with loyal service for Web Hosting for small business, Cloud Servers, Domains, and much more!

FREE Shopping cart osCommerce to start selling online. Accelerate your business endlessly by adding apps and custom development. Open source eCommerce platform.

X-Cart is an agile and scalable eCommerce platform designed to fuel long-term business growth wherever and whatever you sell.

Anyone else have 10 orders per day experience or suggestions?

Thanks,
    Brett
  • felipe808
    • Mar 2004

Zen Cart looks pretty cool

I use x-cart and it works perty well but it's way beyond me to do any major modifications. I cannot tell yet if zencart has all the options xcart has, but it looks pretty nice. And you can't beat the price or the philosphy (KISS) backing it. If zencart allows setting different memberships levels so you can provide wholesale pricing at different levels like xcart, it would work for me. I may try it.

Comment

• Jason
      • Oct 2004

Zen-cart is cool, but the back end is difficult for non-savvy or even almost-savvy clients to use, and has a lot of little issues that end up really bugging me. However, I do feel it is way more elegant than OSCommerce. I have not used the others, but I would really enjoy finding a cart that isn't such a pain to maintain. Maybe some day I'll make my own and then everyone can tell me how much of a pain it is while I love it because it works the way I think it should. :>

Comment

• Dafonz
        • Sep 2004

Zencart is a PAIN in the ass to use. Having said that though, it's a significant improvement over OScommerce.. that and it's still in development (last I checked, OScommerce was stuck in version 2.3b or something).

If you want something simplier, take a look at the ecommerce module of joomla.. it's less messy

Comment

• Elite
          • Apr 2004

I vote zen-cart - takes a while to get your head around, but is really flexible once you get into any customisation

Comment

Working...