• Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by (1VB)geroxx
    Dont know about this guy... but another account has been:

This Account Has Been Suspended
    Please contact the billing/support department as soon as possible.

Whats the deal?

http://www.1st-vets.us
    It would help if you would add an appropriate contact e-mail to the contact information in the customer control panel, then you would know why it was suspended.

Comment

• Regnar
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
      It would help if you would add an appropriate contact e-mail to the contact information in the customer control panel, then you would know why it was suspended.

Andrew - I PMed you about this account.

Comment

• nacs
        • Apr 2004

Some of these account suspended complaints are getting ridiculous. I have a couple dozen clients under my reseller account and have had no problems with suspensions for over a year of hosting with Dathorn.

I got my first suspension a couple days ago because one of my clients was using excessive resources but Andrew handled it very well. He suspended that client only and even sent an email with a server log (from the linux 'top' program) showing that the client was indeed using much more resources than they should be. In my opinion, it could not have been handled more professionally by Dathorn.

And as others have said, this is a shared hosting environment. If you have a high traffic site, or a resource intensive site, or a site that can cost you "thousands" of dollars in business when it's suspended, you really shouldn't be here. A dedicated solution is the way to go in that case. Or at least a VPS solution so your resource usage wouldn't bog down the entire server.

Comment

• eloi
          • Jul 2004

I am happy that your suspension was handled so amicably, but I think you missed the point of the various complaints. They're not disputing the suspensions -- everyone agrees that the reasons are valid. What they have a problem with is the way they were handled.

I know that when I got suspended last year, I got a markedly different level of customer service than you did. There was no notice email. When I did contact them, all the replies were along the lines of "I don't know why I suspended you, & I don't care. Figure it out yourself. Can't access the server logs because you're suspended? That's too bad. BTW, you're never going to see your files again, either." It took *three* days of constant begging, pleading, and groveling to get access to my files so I can fix the problem.

I'm still embarrassed by the fact that I had to allow myself to be debased by some some person I've never met and was (& still am) paying money for a service.

However, your example shows that things are changing at last. That's great, but please remember that your experience was vastly different from theirs.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

You were sent an e-mail explaining the situation. Due to many CGI processes of a particular script on the account the server crashed earlier this morning. We cannot predict this, we cannot warn you before it happens. It happened and we cannot allow it to occur again. I will address your ticket shortly, currently cpanel37 is having issues and it is top priority with all the customers on it.

Comment

• PGS_Inc
              • Jan 2005

Thank you Andrew. All I need is a few hours to have the files moved. I would be so very grateful. I will also be keeping my other accounts with you.

Comment

• AndrewT
                Administrator
                • Mar 2004

I do apologize that it took this long, but I hadn't even seen your ticket, it took me a while just to find it after you posted this as there are quite a few open regarding cpanel37 that we've all been working on. Just bad timing unfortunately.

Comment

Working...