X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mIDO
    • Mar 2004

scripts security

-------
    It is absolutely imperative that you keep all of your PHP and Perl scripts up-to-date with security fixes. There have been many issues going around lately with cPanel Guestbook scripts and now phpBB. It is entirely your responsibility to keep your scripts secure. Each customer will be held responsible for any problems created

-------

i'm using bluetrix skin (cpanel) but upgrade functions for scripts doesn't work. i know that we must admin our scripts and this is not a reason... but it will be easier if we can do it only with one click.
    can be this problem fixed?
    thanks
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

I don't think the upgrade works exactly; it is more of if your's
    is older vs. the current cPanel version, if it was previously installed
    by cPanel, I *think*.

Best bet is to just install the scripts yourself,
    using the latest vers. from the script home site.
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• vision
      • Mar 2004

ok my website portal has been defaced twice in the last 5 days, I use phpbb 2.0.6 I have to many mods and not enough time to update it to 2.0.11 I though the problem was in search.php so I disactivated that function, what else should I look for?

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

You need to upgrade to the latest version or remove it immediatley.

Comment

• Frank Hagan
          • Mar 2004

Go to phpBB and download the "changed files only" for your version.

Download the same files from your webspace and look for the mods added (assuming you did comment the mods as they always suggest!) Then copy/paste those lines into the new files. Then upload the new files, and you're done.

Comment

• vision
            • Mar 2004

finally, I used the patch file, I had a couple of errors but I edited the files that had error by hand, everything looks ok now, I even tried the exploit on my forum and it's all good to go ... until the next exploit

Comment

Working...