Do SSL Certs from godaddy work at Dathorn?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjhansen
    • Jun 2004

Do SSL Certs from godaddy work at Dathorn?

I have been looking around for an affordable SSL certificate for a small company I am hosting. I've had good luck with EV1, but GoDaddy has them cheaper.

Has anyone used GoDaddy's SSL certs on Dathorn with success? Appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks!
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

As long as it's just a standard SSL certificate there should be no problems (i.e. not a chained one).

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

According to their FAQ, I think Godaddy uses chained?

How do I install an intermediate certificate?
      Once your Web Server Cerrtificate has been issued you will receive an e-mail message containing the issued certificate, along with our intermediate certificate and certificate-installation instructions for all supported Web servers. The certificates and installation instructions will be attached to the message in .ZIP format. Please download and unzip the attachment before proceeding to the installation process. The specific procedure through which the intermediate certificate is installed depends on the type of server software you are using. Please refer to the attached installation instructions for specific installation process for your certificate, including the intermediate certificate.

Our intermediate certificate is also available from the repository.
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• james
        • Mar 2004

I bought a starterSSL certificate from ev1 last week. Cost me $4.95 I think.

I installed it at dathorn and it works fine.

James

Comment

• pjhansen
          • Jun 2004

Thanks for the replies!

I have verified that GoDaddy's SSL certificates are in fact chained SSL certificates.

Back to EV1 I go...
          IBM Cloud with Red Hat offers market-leading security, enterprise scalability and open innovation to unlock the full potential of cloud and AI.

Comment

• piku
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by james
            I bought a starterSSL certificate from ev1 last week. Cost me $4.95 I think.

I installed it at dathorn and it works fine.

James
            hows this going james? still working...?

its ~$15 @ ev1 now... http://www.ev1servers.net/english/starterssldetails.asp
            my signature was deleted. i miss my signature-filled-with-helpful-dathorn-links *sniff*sniff*

Comment

• james
              • Mar 2004

To be honest I am not sure.

I cannot recall what client site I registered the SSL certificate for.

I will get back to you once i've looked up my records later on.

James

Comment

• piku
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by james
                To be honest I am not sure.

I cannot recall what client site I registered the SSL certificate for.

I will get back to you once i've looked up my records later on.

James
                That'll be great, my geoSSL expires on the 9th--it'll save me mula if its still possible w/ DIS
                my signature was deleted. i miss my signature-filled-with-helpful-dathorn-links *sniff*sniff*

Comment

• piku
                  • Mar 2004

just tried the starterSSL (from ev1, $14.95) ... it works. HTH

Comment

• loyalrogue
                    • Apr 2004

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know how that EV-1 StarterSSL compares to the SSLs I get thru Dathorn?

Also as an aside, when you buy the SSL do you prefer setting it up using the www prefix on the domain or not and why?

Comment

• piku
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by loyalrogue
                      Sorry to revive an old thread, but does anyone know how that EV-1 StarterSSL compares to the SSLs I get thru Dathorn?

Also as an aside, when you buy the SSL do you prefer setting it up using the www prefix on the domain or not and why?
                      Don't know how it compares to em, but do know they work =) ...and I have it setup to just be "domain.com"--no pref. HTH

Comment

• Elite
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by loyalrogue
                        Without the www - I believe some servers will strip out the www anyway so will give you security errors..

Comment

Working...