Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Links / Web Directory Script

Looking for a php script that maintains a links page or web directory in a Yahoo-like format with categories. It has to allow links to be suggested by users and approved by Admin before posting. A plus if the app can share the registration database of phpBB (but not entirely necessary).

WSN-Links (http://www.wsnlinks.com) comes close to what I'm looking for, but a review of their forums finds some complaints about integrating it into the look and feel of the site.

Any others you can recommend?
  • bjacobs
    • Mar 2004

The only ones I've seen mentioned are on hotscripts.com

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

I scanned through the ones at hotscripts.com ... and to be honest, there are too many of them! I was hoping perhaps someone here had experience with a script they liked.

I had tried phpLinks and didn't like it ... could never get it to accept submissions from users. WSNLinks does have a limited version that is free, so I'll install that and then upgrade if I like it.

Comment

• sdjl
        • Mar 2004

You could always code your own to fit the style and look of your site and also have the features that you need..

David
        -----
        Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Comment

• DesignURL
          • May 2004

I've used this one:

Comment

• waltonics
            • Nov 2004

I use something called Sitebar, probably not great for the integration, but definitely worth looking at maybe...

Comment

• Frank Hagan
              • Mar 2004

I have installed WSNLinks free "basic edition" and found it pretty powerful. I need to finish the customization, and test the import of DMOZ links, and if that goes well I'll go ahead and purchase the pro edition.

Comment

Working...