Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ali
    • May 2004

SquirrelMail ???

Hi all - I just thought I'd see if I'm the only one having this problem. When I started using Dathorn, the service was great - everything running smooth, but over time I've noticed that my SquirrelMail takes absolute ages to load. I often get "ERROR : Connection dropped by imap-server. Query: STATUS "INBOX" (MESSAGES UNSEEN RECENT)" these days and it really is annoying.

The websites seem to run smoothly, so its just a mail issue. I do have a large inbox and many subfolders also - could this be the problem? I only recive 10-20 emails a day so it cant be traffic. I also only display 50 emails per page, so that should cut down load times (I think)

I always thought It'd be great to keep ALL my mail on IMAP so I can access it from anywhere, but I guess its not that easy afterall. I currently have 1285 old emails in my inbox - will moving them to a subfolder help? I'm open to ANY suggestions - please!
    Ali
  • sdjl
    • Mar 2004

How much space is being used by your emails in IMAP?
    The size could be causing read failures.

Maybe it's worth downloading and removing from online andy older emails.

David
    -----
    Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Comment

• Tycho
      • Mar 2004

i'm experiencing the same (cpanel17). Squirrelmail is terribly slow.
      I have about 750 messages in my inbox at the moment, but it's been slow for a long time.

Comment

• sdjl
        • Mar 2004

Submit a trouble ticket then
        -----
        Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Comment

• Ian
          • Mar 2004

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone find out the answer to this? I have a client experiencing the same error.
          www.ianhoar.com - A place to geek out

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

Having that much e-mail in your commonly used folders is going to make it run slower than normal.

Comment

• Ian
              • Mar 2004

Thanks, is this a SquirrelMail issue? Or would this apply to all the web mail apps.

Comment

• AndrewT
                Administrator
                • Mar 2004

To any of them reall, but especially Horde and Squirrelmail.

Comment

• Ian
                  • Mar 2004

Thanks, I found out that the person using it had been deleting files but not emptying it, so they had over 3000 deleted mails laying around. I removed them, hopefully this will help.

Comment

• CAD
                    • Mar 2004

the error message on sqmail also happens to me. I usually get the error when I open the sqmail and download email using pop3 at the same time.

when it happens, try to stop download process at the email client.. wait for a few minutes.. then try to refresh the sqmail page on browser.

Comment

Working...