Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adarack
    • Mar 2004

Wildcards in cPanel email filtering?

Is there a way to filter emails using wildcards in the cPanel email filtering? I am now officially at war with spammers - even with spamassassin too much gets through - and I'm not doing stuff that would entice them to email me. The latest emails have the folling subject format: (something)subject(something)
    I'd love to be able to filter with wildcards like this (*)*(*) but it didn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Adam
  • KyleC
    • Mar 2004

i dunno about wildcards, but why not use a third party spam filter?

such as popfile or my favorite spam filter program http://cloudmark.com/products/spamnet/ (it does cost money, but i can get it for you cheap if you are intrested)
    -Kyle

Comment

• adarack
      • Mar 2004

spamnet

This sits on a local machine, right? I'm definitely interested in it, but was also hoping for something that would stop it on the server in case I'm using web based email.

I'll PM you Kylec about your offer.

Adam

Comment

• Andy
        • Mar 2004

I have some filters in cPanel and they work great. I would suggest using them as well.

Andy

Comment

• KyleC
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by adarack
          This sits on a local machine, right? I'm definitely interested in it, but was also hoping for something that would stop it on the server in case I'm using web based email.

I'll PM you Kylec about your offer.

Adam
          yep its local, so when you are using webmail it is a pain.
          -Kyle

Comment

Working...