X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

1/22/05 - cpanel11 upgrade

cpanel11 is tentatively scheduled for an upgrade to our new systems on 1/22/05. I will reply to this thread as soon as possible if the date changes. There will be no changes required by the customers for this move to take place, everything will be taken care of on our end and no IP addresses will change. This is a basic upgrade just as previous servers have gone through.

It's important to note that unlike all of the other upgrades that we've done, this will not begin right at midnight, it will begin sometime during the afternoon on Friday but this will not create any problems, just an FYI.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

The transfer process has now begun. I will update this thread throughout the day to note the progress of this.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Currently the transfer process is about 20% complete. This is taking much longer than it normally does due to the amount of problems that this server has been experiencing, which is obviously why it's being upgraded now.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

The transfer process is now about 62% complete.

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

The transfer process is now about 86% complete.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

The transfer process is now complete. At about 2:00PM CST we will be taking both the new and old cpanel11 servers offline to connect some additional hard drives and actually replace the old cpanel11 server with the new one. There may be an hour or so of downtime during this process.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

While completing this upgrade we've found some problems with the old primary drive. We're still in the process of trying to recover the MySQL databases as they were before the server went offline but this may or may not be (immediatley) possible. If we are unable to recover them shortly I will be placing the old databases back online just so that there is something there. These "old" databases could be as old as 10:41AM CST on 1/22. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Comment

• AndrewT
                Administrator
                • Mar 2004

I've gone ahead and have restored the "old" databases as previously explained. We're still trying to recover the latest ones so that we can restore them for users as needed, but this may even take several days which would not be of much use to most of you. I do apologize for this, though it could have been many times worse had we not upgraded when we did. If you continue to have any further problems please submit a trouble ticket, you may need to re-install SSL certificates for domains that had them.

Comment

• AndrewT
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2004

We now have a copy of the databases that were live as of when the server went offline at about 3:00PM CST. We can restore these if you submit a ticket and request them but this will lose changes made between 6:40PM CST lastnight and right now so it's entirely up to you.

Comment

Working...