X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

Trouble Ticket System Needs Fixing!!

Dear Support,

I submitted a ticket on "01/21/05 @ 10:23 PM CST" and closed it on "01/21/05 @ 10:24 PM CST" when the server was back up. Do you see the problem? How I'm I suppose to judge the responsiveness of Dathorn's support if time isn't displayed to the seconds! It's very very frustrating! Fix it!!!!

Sincerely yours,
    Buddha

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I just want time displayed to the seconds ... Support is working great! Don't change that!
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
    Dear Support,

I submitted a ticket on "01/21/05 @ 10:23 PM CST" and closed it on "01/21/05 @ 10:24 PM CST" when the server was back up. Do you see the problem? How I'm I suppose to judge the responsiveness of Dathorn's support if time isn't displayed to the seconds! It's very very frustrating! Fix it!!!!

Sincerely yours,
    Buddha

P.S. Don't get me wrong, I just want time displayed to the seconds ... Support is working great! Don't change that!
    I agree! We need a seconds display, we can't
    even properly rate DIS support til we get this
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• M31
      • Feb 2005

how about an "edit" button for submitted tickets?

Comment

• Jonathan
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by M31
        I like that idea; BTW M31 ~ Messier #31 (Andromeda) or am I misreading your name?
        Also does anybody know if Dathorn added the seconds thing? I haven't
        had to submit a ticket in ages and I wanna be able to judge the response in seconds
        - C

Comment

• halyfax
          • Mar 2004

Glad to hear I am not the only one who has had trouble tickets answered in less than 1 minute!!!!

Comment

• M31
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jonathan
            I like that idea; BTW M31 ~ Messier #31 (Andromeda) or am I misreading your name?
            hehe , nah its just the first letter of my name along with a random number

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

While I was in editing the ticket system scripts this afternoon I added the seconds in for you guys. They've always been recorded, just not displayed.

I've also written a nifty little script that queries our ticket system and gets the average response time for all support tickets over X number of hours. Now on our main page this number is displayed over 72 hours. I wanted to make the value live but the script takes about 8 seconds to run and that might not make some visitors happy, so it just updates the value every hour.

Comment

• AndrewT
                Administrator
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by M31
                This would bring up far too many issues if we began working on a ticket and then you ended up editing it after we read it already. You can simply add another response if you have any changes to note.

Comment

• Buddha
                  • Mar 2004

Great Service at an Affordable Price!

Originally posted by AndrewT
                  While I was in editing the ticket system scripts this afternoon I added the seconds in for you guys. They've always been recorded, just not displayed.

I've also written a nifty little script that queries our ticket system and gets the average response time for all support tickets over X number of hours. Now on our main page this number is displayed over 72 hours. I wanted to make the value live but the script takes about 8 seconds to run and that might not make some visitors happy, so it just updates the value every hour.
                  LMAO!! Andrew you know I was just kidding right!? Extremely cool little hack though. Thanks!

Says "13 minutes, 58 seconds" right now on the front page. I don't have another host that can measure their response time in just minutes! My last non-Dathorn TT took more than 8 hours to get a reply... I woke up to find it four hours after that. If all hosts were like Dathorn I could get good nights sleep.

Great work Andrew!
                  "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• Jonathan
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
                    LMAO!! Andrew you know I was just kidding right!? Extremely cool little hack though. Thanks!

Says "13 minutes, 58 seconds" right now on the front page. I don't have another host that can measure their response time in just minutes! My last non-Dathorn TT took more than 8 hours to get a reply... I woke up to find it four hours after that. If all hosts were like Dathorn I could get good nights sleep.

Great work Andrew!
                    Budda got it right, nice hack and I think it rocks now that on the
                    front page it shows the adverage response time; I think it'll pull in even more customers

Budda is also right, my last non-Dathorn TT/email took bout 38hrs
                    At that point is when I actively went searching for a new host, dispite putting up
                    a good $80 prepaid for a year just a month before (back then $80 was alot LOL)
                    - C

Comment

Working...