Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How long have you been with Dathorn?

Cool

I've been with Dathorn since 2/16/03 so that's about 14 months?

I've been with PLENTY of hosts over the years. My first host was the longest, but simply because my first site was a family site, very static, and I wasn't paying for it, so we kept it for about 2.5 years.

Let's see if I can remember all my hosts in order....

e-access.net
    tripod.com
    geocities.com
    hostonce.com
    freeservers.com
    netfirms.com
    cfm-resources.com
    ehostingbiz.com
    worldwebhosters.com
    host4students.com
    prowebspace.com
    dathorn.com

Wow... that was a trip down memory lane (there sure were a few major potholes in that road!). I had to look through my email from 1999 to remember some of them!

Why so many.... a few reasons. I was moving all my websites all over because of bad performance, bad support, outgrew resources, or changed languages. For example the first one I ever owned (family website) stayed at one host for about 3 years until I moved it to a reseller account. On the other hand my business sites got moved like CRAZY as I learned more and found better deals / support, then got introduced to the wonderful world of reselling!

Quote Originally Posted by maskeret
    Almost 2 years.
    I have four accounts, on Cpanel10-17-25-31.
    I'm very happy.
    I'm on cp05 from some time around Feb. '03. From various online discussions, I was under the impression at the time that Dathorn hosting was relatively new and that there were only two other servers.

EDIT: I was curious and went on the Wayback Machine to find Dathorn. Looks like it was being built sometime in 2001 (cf., whois), but didn't appear in its ready-for-customers present form until November 2002. Here's what the Wayback Machine has in its archive as late as 15 OCT 2002:

http://web.archive.org/web/200210151...w.dathorn.com/
    Last edited by rsowen; 04-07-2004 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rsowen
    I'm on cp05 from some time around Feb. '03. From various online discussions, I was under the impression at the time that Dathorn hosting was relatively new and that there were only two other servers.
    You are right. I'm on Dathorn *only* from one year and a few months, but, nevertheless, I'm very happy
    ----------------------------
    Maurizio Mascheroni - Italy
    http://www.dreamchess.com

6 months. Dathorn is great.

On my 7th month according to billing. But I was referring friends well before then, was just too lazy to move my couple of sites till the support at my last host... well lets just say I was sick of them being, ummmm, right (even when they weren't).
    A good friend will bail you out of jail
    But your best friend will be sitting next to you,
    saying "That was awesome!"

i have been here for probably less than a year. the only thing i can want is a dedicated server from dathorn.

i need about 100gb bandwidth at very minimum (not now but for future plans)
    the same stuff offered here
    more burstable bandwidth
    more resources for forums etc.
    and for a cheapo price. 70$ or so.. $99 would be acceptable if it were managed etc (want a dedicated features with shared features :P)

need to get a higher paying job first

love it here, love the support, love the cheap prices... the forums and community here are great! some say support is strong headed and not for noobies, but i dont see anything wrong with that. over all i dont ask for support a lot. i always know that if i have a question i can come to the forums and ask you guys.

i also see a lot of people blaming dathorn for their own mistakes/incomprehension/missunderstandings/not knowledgable enough/havent bothered to look or learn for solutions/want everything handed to them (users). lol at that :P

i just cant wait until dathorn houses their own servers in their own building... i was at www.liquidweb.com and will also recomend them to anyone as they are great... but they are not a reseller compainy. they moved all their servers in house, improved EVERYTHING greatly... i know that dathorn can improve and it will just take them a while to do something like this (while means years :P)

well thats just some stuff i been thinking about
    --------
    aka Mo2

Satisfied Dathorn customer since 21st September 2003.

Not only is Dathorn my first ever reseller, it was also my first ever paid webhost.

I've been here a bit over a year; cpanel05. It's been a good ride. Although I'm in the process of wrapping up a move from here to consolidate all my accounts onto dedicated, managed servers, I will still strongly recommend Dathorn in many instances. Good company, a lot of value, and sound management and support.

Talking

A little over a year.

I've been here since the beginning...june 2002

Thread Information