Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • timg
    • Feb 2005

database size limits (?)

I'm trying to understand my (Basic) package. MySQL databases are listed as "unlimited" in the package. I assume this means number of databases, rather than size. On the other hand, I understand that most hosts have database size separate from regular disk space allotted. So how do I find out how big my databases can grow? I haven't been able to figure where to find this information.
    ~ Tim Gallant ~ http://www.pactumweb.com
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

I think in cPanel has a list on the front page and one is the
    MySQL Data (in MBs); also I think except in some cases, the
    MySQL Data does NOT count as regular Data, could be
    wrong though.. may wanna see if one of the Gurus (Aka Oz, Buddha, everyone but me LOL)
    can answer this if its a mission critical thing you need to know.
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

I think your right Jonathan. Yes, number of databases not size. Yes, MySQL not included in disk usage or free space. This can mean your database usage + disk usage could be bigger than your allotted account quota ... so be careful because Dathorn will notice.

Just another WHM/cPanel bug.
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• sdjl
        • Mar 2004

I don't think you'll find there's a limit as to the size of your database.
        I think you just have to take into account how much actual space you have on the server and don't let the database exceed the accounts total quota.

This would probably be different if (a) seperate server(s) was/were being utilised as (a) database server(s).

David
        -----
        Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Comment

• Jonathan
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
          I think your right Jonathan. Yes, number of databases not size. Yes, MySQL not included in disk usage or free space. This can mean your database usage + disk usage could be bigger than your allotted account quota ... so be careful because Dathorn will notice.

Just another WHM/cPanel bug.
          Hmm don't I know this I won't go into much detail but one former
          hosting customer somehow got past the MB limit I placed on the account...
          by a good 250MBs+ Thankfully I was able to spot it and delete his account within a hour.
          "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
          - C

Comment

Working...