Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

Broadband AOL supplied by Verizon.

One of my customers with Broadband AOL got a letter from Verizon today threatening to raise his DSL rate if he didn't switch to Verizon. This can not be legal?! Anyone else seen this?

What really !@#$es me off is they offered him a lower rate than I'm getting from them!!

!@#$in B!@#$%*!!
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha
  • Jonathan
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
    One of my customers with Broadband AOL got a letter from Verizon today threatening to raise his DSL rate if he didn't switch to Verizon. This can not be legal?! Anyone else seen this?

What really !@#$es me off is they offered him a lower rate than I'm getting from them!!

!@#$in B!@#$%*!!
    I haven't seen anything about that, but I'd call the local Verizon office and
    see what the deal is. Heck, I'd go one further and talk to a lawyer regarding it.
    It just doesn't sound legal and smells like poo
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Comment

• Frank Hagan
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha

!@#$in B!@#$%*!!
      Have you seen the letter?

I had a similar report from my mother regarding a letter she got from Verizon, her DSL company. She said Verizon was going to increase her rates unless she switched to another company.

That didn't sound right to me!

It actually said that they were holding the rates on her DSL service, while other companies were planning an increase after initial teaser rates ... more of a "we want to hang on to you ... watch out what the other guys are really offering you" type of letter.

Comment

Working...