Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blog - any recommendations

Default Blog - any recommendations

I am interested in putting a blog on my personal site, (seems what the masses are using). Just so I can post notes/msgs on my site instead of editing the html file all the time. But I am one for simplicity. I would like something easy to put in place and something that I can embed into my exsisting website very easily. And of course. Easy to use. If anyone knows of any or can recommend something to me, that would be great.

thanks
    Andy

Wordpress is pretty standard to a lot of people now.
    It offers both complex and simple features. I don't use it myself however so you'll have to give it a try to find out what it offers

David
    -----
    Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

I use wordpress on several sites (I actually use it as a simple CMS more than for blogs). It has many plugins to add functionality plus a very active developer/support community should you run into any problems.

Installation takes but a few minutes. Customizing it is a snap once you learn the way it works, and the theme system is very simple to use should you choose to make your own (but there are now many pre-made themes available if you don't feel comfortable doing so). Good luck!

russgri

Default CivicSpace

I use CivicSpace at CivicSpace
    This is the software that Howard Dean used to woo voters in the 2004 elections.
    It is GPL.
    You can set it up as a slashdot style community or as a political tool.
    you can set it up to allow any user to post when logged in or you can take a moderated approach. Very versatile.

see Sportsmen Afield

I have used a lot of different blogging applications and have finally stuck with WordPress. Easy as heck to set up, easy as heck to use and the support community is awesome.

I have set up a few Movable Type blogs for work recently and if you are looking for something on a much larger scale then MT is your pick, but for personal or smaller blogs I would go with WP.

Thanks for your help guys. I sound something I can use.

http://openwar.net/simpleblog/index.php

It works good, just time consuming to match into my site, but it works.'

Actually, I have question. My site uses .shtml file and this script is a php script. I have it in a iframe now, but is there another way? I dont think there is, but thought I would ask.

thanks again guys
    Andy

Daytona Beach, FL / Rochester, NY / Coeur d'Alene, ID

use a .htaccess file to make it phrase php under .shtml files
    then simply rename all the blog files over to ".shtml" etc.
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Look at http://blogger.com. You can create blog on Google's server or use your server.

With all the bad press around Wordpress lately you might want to checkout Serendipity. I know it's popular with several blog planets I visit.

http://www.s9y.org/

Of course the other option is just to install a full CMS like drupal or Mambo and use it to create a blog-type site/layout.

Quote Originally Posted by deuce868
    With all the bad press around Wordpress...
    What bad press?

David
    -----
    Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Thread Information