Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Parmzilla
    • Jun 2004

Question about submitting a ticket

My question is how do I? I have never had to submit a ticket before because the service is so good, and after browsing through the billing software and the control panel, I can't seem to find any service ticket form. I know I'm a noob, but its also early and im half asleep so maybe im just passing it up. Any help would make my day all that much brighter.

-Parm

Comment

• -Oz-
      • Mar 2004

On the left, after you login from http://www.dathorn.com with your disXXXX or dis-XXXX number you click Trouble Tickets from the menu.
      Dan Blomberg

Comment

• M31
        • Feb 2005

looks like this is gonna take sooooo loooooong.

I submitted a ticket about 4-5 hours ago and still nothing. I don't wanna think about AdnrewT replying to my ticket april 2nd telling me that the offer has expired

Comment

• RwL
          • Mar 2004

To login-

use your "dis-xxxx" username and password, then select "Trouble Tickets". Whereas you now can "Create a Trouble Ticket".
          Use the dropdown and pick 'Billing', and enter a "Please upgrade my account with the "Extra Bandwidth Offer" message.

That easy.

Comment

• RwL
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by M31

I submitted a ticket about 4-5 hours ago and still nothing. I don't wanna think about AdnrewT replying to my ticket april 2nd telling me that the offer has expired
            You can view the status of a 'trouble ticket' in the control panel. You might want to check in case your email of it being applied was missed, since the notices are generated through the ticket system.

I am sure if the ticket was entered before the cutoff, you would receive the offer when the backlog of requests is taken care of.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by M31

I've already made it very clear that as long as you have submitted your ticket prior to the 2nd, it will be applied to your account. I cannot begin to explain how many hours I've spent going through these tickets only to be half way through them. They will all get done eventually.

Comment

• Twin-X
                • Feb 2005

aprils fools day?

Comment

• Jonathan
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DosEvil
                  I usually check the Dathorn message boards on a weekly basis, but I had been in Europe when the offer was announced. Thank you Andrew for extending the deadline.
                  Heh I nearly did same thing as you, Dos I went camping a day
                  or two after the offer and only random chance did I see the offer.
                  I was too busy runnin' round like a chicken w/ its head cut off

Originally posted by Twin-X
                  aprils fools day?
                  Its not yet April 1st... btw it did work
                  "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
                  - C

Comment

• M31
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by AndrewT
                    I've already made it very clear that as long as you have submitted your ticket prior to the 2nd, it will be applied to your account. I cannot begin to explain how many hours I've spent going through these tickets only to be half way through them. They will all get done eventually.
                    Sorry about that. I was just kinda "scared" you know ..

Comment

• dammitjanet
                      • Jan 2005

Mine was applied within 24hours of requesting the ticket, way to go Andrew

Comment

• WAizda1
                        • Mar 2004

Well I have to say this is awsome Andrew.

One thing I like to mention about Dathorn, after almost 2 yrs of service I have yet to experience any problems or long wait times for a trouble ticket response.

I submitted my ticket tonight for the special and 5 mins later it was done.

I always get fast responses and solutions from Dathorn and this is what makes Dathorn #1 in my books.... CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!

Comment

• earthandspace.info
                          • Jul 2004

Bandwidth

If everyone where to use double bandwidth, that would put a VERY HEAVY strain on the servers. If I was running a hosting biz, I would be reluctant to offer bandwidth that would surely further limit the number of clients a server can hold. I'm curious, what is the true upper limit that one server can handle in terms of bandwidth per month?
                          Alpha Centauri's Universe

Exploring our universe from Earth to the most distant of galaxies!

Comment

• AndrewT
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by earthandspace.info
                            If everyone where to use double bandwidth, that would put a VERY HEAVY strain on the servers. If I was running a hosting biz, I would be reluctant to offer bandwidth that would surely further limit the number of clients a server can hold. I'm curious, what is the true upper limit that one server can handle in terms of bandwidth per month?
                            First off, bandwidth is so under utilized and readily available that it doesn't even matter. Second, everyone using all their bandwidth simply isn't going to happen. That IS a FACT.

Comment

• openbox
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by earthandspace.info
                              Simple math based on a 10 Mbps connection:

10Mbps*1byte/8bits*86400s/day*30.5day/month=

Half-duplex Theoretical Throughput=3.3 Terabytes/month
                              Full Duplex Theoretical=6.6 Terebytes/month

Use a fat number of 30% for TCP/IP overhead and you still have 2.3 Terabytes/month outbound from the server. Divide that by 180 GB (double corporate plan) and you can put 12 people per server. Divide your outbound availability by 60 GB and you can put 38 people per server. I have no proof, but I'm guessing Andrew doesn't load only corporate customers on a single server. It's a nice balance somewhere in between.

Just for fun, substitue a full-duplex 100 Mbps card and everything goes up by a factor of 10. Of course, actual system throughput (hard drives) would be a bottle neck long before you even get close to pushing a sustained 100 Mbps.

Comment

• ChrisTech
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                                First off, bandwidth is so under utilized and readily available that it doesn't even matter. Second, everyone using all their bandwidth simply isn't going to happen. That IS a FACT.
                                Most people don't even use all their current bw. I updated and I know I wont ever use it all. Just nice to have extra "just in case".
                                Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

Working...