Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Discussion of 3/26-3/29 Double Bandwidth Special

Quote Originally Posted by M31
    looks like this is gonna take sooooo loooooong.

I submitted a ticket about 4-5 hours ago and still nothing. I don't wanna think about AdnrewT replying to my ticket april 2nd telling me that the offer has expired
    I've already made it very clear that as long as you have submitted your ticket prior to the 2nd, it will be applied to your account. I cannot begin to explain how many hours I've spent going through these tickets only to be half way through them. They will all get done eventually.

aprils fools day?

Daytona Beach, FL / Rochester, NY / Coeur d'Alene, ID

Quote Originally Posted by DosEvil
    I usually check the Dathorn message boards on a weekly basis, but I had been in Europe when the offer was announced. Thank you Andrew for extending the deadline.
    Heh I nearly did same thing as you, Dos I went camping a day
    or two after the offer and only random chance did I see the offer.
    I was too busy runnin' round like a chicken w/ its head cut off

Quote Originally Posted by Twin-X
    aprils fools day?
    Its not yet April 1st... btw it did work
    "How can someone be so distracted yet so focused?"
    - C

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT
    I've already made it very clear that as long as you have submitted your ticket prior to the 2nd, it will be applied to your account. I cannot begin to explain how many hours I've spent going through these tickets only to be half way through them. They will all get done eventually.
    Sorry about that. I was just kinda "scared" you know ..

Mine was applied within 24hours of requesting the ticket, way to go Andrew

Thumbs up

Well I have to say this is awsome Andrew.

One thing I like to mention about Dathorn, after almost 2 yrs of service I have yet to experience any problems or long wait times for a trouble ticket response.

I submitted my ticket tonight for the special and 5 mins later it was done.

I always get fast responses and solutions from Dathorn and this is what makes Dathorn #1 in my books.... CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!

Post Bandwidth

If everyone where to use double bandwidth, that would put a VERY HEAVY strain on the servers. If I was running a hosting biz, I would be reluctant to offer bandwidth that would surely further limit the number of clients a server can hold. I'm curious, what is the true upper limit that one server can handle in terms of bandwidth per month?

Quote Originally Posted by earthandspace.info
    If everyone where to use double bandwidth, that would put a VERY HEAVY strain on the servers. If I was running a hosting biz, I would be reluctant to offer bandwidth that would surely further limit the number of clients a server can hold. I'm curious, what is the true upper limit that one server can handle in terms of bandwidth per month?
    First off, bandwidth is so under utilized and readily available that it doesn't even matter. Second, everyone using all their bandwidth simply isn't going to happen. That IS a FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by earthandspace.info
    Simple math based on a 10 Mbps connection:

10Mbps*1byte/8bits*86400s/day*30.5day/month=

Half-duplex Theoretical Throughput=3.3 Terabytes/month
    Full Duplex Theoretical=6.6 Terebytes/month

Use a fat number of 30% for TCP/IP overhead and you still have 2.3 Terabytes/month outbound from the server. Divide that by 180 GB (double corporate plan) and you can put 12 people per server. Divide your outbound availability by 60 GB and you can put 38 people per server. I have no proof, but I'm guessing Andrew doesn't load only corporate customers on a single server. It's a nice balance somewhere in between.

Just for fun, substitue a full-duplex 100 Mbps card and everything goes up by a factor of 10. Of course, actual system throughput (hard drives) would be a bottle neck long before you even get close to pushing a sustained 100 Mbps.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT
    First off, bandwidth is so under utilized and readily available that it doesn't even matter. Second, everyone using all their bandwidth simply isn't going to happen. That IS a FACT.
    Most people don't even use all their current bw. I updated and I know I wont ever use it all. Just nice to have extra "just in case".
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Thread Information