Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hamtramck Rick
    • Oct 2004

PHP5 Upgrade Plans for Dathorn?

Any idea when Dathorn might install PHP5? Is there a feel that it still might be 6 months or a year away?
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

We do not have any immediate plans to upgrade at this time.

Comment

• crash resistant
      • Jun 2004

Good. The second php5 is released on my server here, is the second 90% of all my scripts BREAK.

Please don't upgrade for at least a year. +_+

Comment

• james
        • Mar 2004

If you were to upgrade, I'd suggest installing both php4 and php5.

I've seen it set up on other servers so .php files are executed using php4 and .php5 files are executed using php 5.

Comment

• Grae
          • Apr 2005

Great idea James. I would like to see php5 asap. I understand the reasons for waiting, but just thought I would voice my opinion.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

At this time we still have no immediate plans to offer PHP 5.

Comment

• piku
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by james
              If you were to upgrade, I'd suggest installing both php4 and php5.

I've seen it set up on other servers so .php files are executed using php4 and .php5 files are executed using php 5.
              this is prolly good if you want to do it locally ... http://www.wampserver.com/en/add-ons.php, but you have to "switch" i think
              my signature was deleted. i miss my signature-filled-with-helpful-dathorn-links *sniff*sniff*

Comment

• Thyme
                • Mar 2004

Another vote for PHP5 here, even if just on .php5. Using OOP in 4 is far too inconvenient to host some clients without it.

I know you don't have any plans, but I know I'd appreciate some.
                "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." --Voltaire

Comment

• Chris
                  • Mar 2004

Another vote for PHP 5 - the new 1.0 Client Code for OpenSRS has been released using PHP5 - makes it hard to take advantage of the new system without it. What about a single new server with PHP5? That way the people that want it can have it (either moving or upgrading accounts), but knowing full well that it might break, and it would help shake out any bugs..
                  Just a thought.. Other than the new client code, i'm happy with 4

Comment

• Thyme
                    • Mar 2004

Anything new on this?
                    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." --Voltaire

Comment

• AndrewT
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2004

When information is available it will be posted. Please see this thread for more information: http://forums.dathorn.com/showthread.php?t=1860

Comment

Working...