6/7/05 - Double Bandwidth & Disk Special Discussion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yaroslav
    • Mar 2004

One more question: I'm one of those ancient guys with a 2.5Gb Basic package Will I get 5Gb with this offer, or just 4 like everyone else?

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by cwt
      If we have a backup service, does it means that we have to increase our fee to cover the backup service?
      Yes.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Yaroslav
        One more question: I'm one of those ancient guys with a 2.5Gb Basic package Will I get 5Gb with this offer, or just 4 like everyone else?
        You will be placed on 4GB with everyone else.

Comment

• Skky
          • Apr 2004

Just for clarification, if you choose to upgrade an existing account (aka, basic to business, business to corporate, ect), would the fee be waived (since it is equilevent to opening a new account).

Comment

• etLux
            • Mar 2004

Thank you, Andrew!

Most generous and much appreciated!
            -------------------------------------------
            The Answer To Your Question Is Here...

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Skky
              Just for clarification, if you choose to upgrade an existing account (aka, basic to business, business to corporate, ect), would the fee be waived (since it is equilevent to opening a new account).
              No, the feel would still be $5.00 for the special.

Comment

• AndrewT
                Administrator
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                No, the feel would still be $5.00 for the special.

Actually, I take that back, if you want to upgrade your plan we will do the special free of charge. But keep in mind the special is not valid if you want to downgrade later on.

Comment

• loyalrogue
                  • Apr 2004

Fantastic!
                  Count me in for all my accounts.

Quick question, Andrew.
                  When we did the double bandwidth special you said it would apply for the life of the account even following upgrades (not downgrades) so if I upgrade to a higher plan I would get double the bandwidth of the higher plan.

Does the same hold true for the double diskspace special on the life of the account thru upgrades?

Comment

• AndrewT
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by loyalrogue
                    Fantastic!
                    Quick question, Andrew.
                    When we did the double bandwidth special you said it would apply for the life of the account even following upgrades (not downgrades) so if I upgrade to a higher plan I would get double the bandwidth of the higher plan.

Does the same hold true for the double diskspace special on the life of the account thru upgrades?
                    Yes.

Comment

• charlinco
                      • Apr 2004

Thanks again Andrew.

Another question, though. Hope this isn't confusing.

The current plans on the Dathorn homepage are doubled already, right? For example, the basic plan is now listed as 4GB,60GB where it was 2GB,30GB. In March, I upgraded with the special on the basic plan to 2GB, 60GB...under the impression that if I upgraded (and will be doing so in the near future) I would have double the bandwidth of the currently advertised plan.

Let's say I went up to Professional...which at the time was 4GB,60GB. If I upgraded I would go to 4GB, 120GB (double the bandwidth). At least that was my understanding of it. I'm under the impression that is the same for the disk space offer as well. If I upgrade to the 4GB now on the basic plan, I will get double the advertised rate when I choose to upgrade.

Or do I?

And will the limits shown on the homepage go back down after the 14th?

Let's say I take the disk space offer now and go bring my plan to 4GB, 60GB...I am now at the same rate as any new customer would be. I'm fine with that. If the rates stay the same as they are now posted, and I choose to upgrade...let's say to Professional, would then still get my special double offer and then be at 16GB,240GB? This is assuming the currently posted plans remain the same after the 14th, of course, and it seems you hinted something along those lines in your announcement.

Comment

• AndrewT
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by charlinco
                        Thanks again Andrew.

Another question, though. Hope this isn't confusing.

The current plans on the Dathorn homepage are doubled already, right? For example, the basic plan is now listed as 4GB,60GB where it was 2GB,30GB. In March, I upgraded with the special on the basic plan to 2GB, 60GB...under the impression that if I upgraded (and will be doing so in the near future) I would have double the bandwidth of the currently advertised plan.

Let's say I went up to Professional...which at the time was 4GB,60GB. If I upgraded I would go to 4GB, 120GB (double the bandwidth). At least that was my understanding of it. I'm under the impression that is the same for the disk space offer as well. If I upgrade to the 4GB now on the basic plan, I will get double the advertised rate when I choose to upgrade.

Or do I?

And will the limits shown on the homepage go back down after the 14th?

Let's say I take the disk space offer now and go bring my plan to 4GB, 60GB...I am now at the same rate as any new customer would be. I'm fine with that. If the rates stay the same as they are now posted, and I choose to upgrade...let's say to Professional, would then still get my special double offer and then be at 16GB,240GB? This is assuming the currently posted plans remain the same after the 14th, of course, and it seems you hinted something along those lines in your announcement.

The plans listed on our main page are for the special only right now. Those do not apply at all to existing accounts, all of yours will be based off of the original resource allocations. You cannot double those special plans listed on our site, they are already doubled.

Comment

• charlinco
                          • Apr 2004

The plans listed on the site are double the old ones, it's just for this week long special at the moment.
                          Awww, I missed that one. That pretty much explains it.

So...if we choose to upgrade we will get double the currently advertised package, except for this week, of course.

Comment

• AndrewT
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2004

Awww, I missed that one. That pretty much explains it.

So...if we choose to upgrade we will get double the currently advertised package, except for this week, of course.

Disregard the plans that are listed on our website, those do not apply at all if you are an existing customer. To double your existing account is $5 one-time fee and you can upgrade from then on out and receive double the standard package resources as they were when you initially signed up. Or you can upgrade your account now to the next level of the standard package resources (onec again, the ones from when you signed up, not the ones that are currently listed there) and we will double those for you free of charge, but you will be unable to downgrade.

Comment

• charlinco
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                              The plans listed on our main page are for the special only right now. Those do not apply at all to existing accounts, all of yours will be based off of the original resource allocations. You cannot double those special plans listed on our site, they are already doubled.
                              Disregard the plans that are listed on our website, those do not apply at all if you are an existing customer. To double your existing account is $5 one-time fee and you can upgrade from then on out and receive double the standard package resources as they were when you initially signed up. Or you can upgrade your account now to the next level of the standard package resources (onec again, the ones from when you signed up, not the ones that are currently listed there) and we will double those for you free of charge, but you will be unable to downgrade.

Thanks for the reply!!! Got it. Just one more clarification, please.

I'm not talking about the current special rates...I get that. I'm talking about in the future, after this special is over and in the event you decide to raise the BW and DS limits permanently to be more competitive. I want to know if my upgrade will be based upon the current permanent rates, or the original rates as published when I signed up - should they be different, of course.

Comment

• AndrewT
                                Administrator
                                • Mar 2004

Thanks for the reply!!! Got it. Just one more clarification, please.

I'm not talking about the current special rates...I get that. I'm talking about in the future, after this special is over and in the event you decide to raise the BW and DS limits permanently to be more competitive. I want to know if my upgrade will be based upon the current permanent rates, or the original rates as published when I signed up - should they be different, of course.
                                Your plan will always be based on the plans that were available when you signed up.

Comment

Working...