X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave
    • Mar 2004

Band Managment Script

Howdy...
    I got this guys email from this concert thing I went to recently.. He is wanting a interactive website.. Something like; http://www.purevolume.com/ or http://myspace.com/

Those sites are very big and use customized content managment systems and such... I don't think he realizes ths scope of what goes into a site like that. Not to mention the server load... (90.000 members?)

I am assuming postnuke or phpnuke would do kind of something similar where a band can:
    **set up an account
    **upload mp3's
    **upload pictures
    **write news about shows etc..

Basically a 'mini' site for each band that they can conrtol themselves.. Change pics etc...

Anyway I was just wondering if yall knew of something that does that sort of thing I'm getting tired of looking and I can't program. I design for fun not mathamaical challanges.. LOL

No biggie really.... I think postnuke will 'sorta' do that kind of thing.. But you know how that goes..

Thanks
    Sorry I gave up blogging for web design.
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

I would look at the various Content Management System (CMS) software out there; some folks here have recommended include Website Baker and Drupal. I have also installed phpWebSite, and it works well. Google for one of the comparison sites and see which ones you think will fit their needs the best.

One caveat though ... many of the add on modules for these programs are written by the users, and the quality is very spotty on them. Many are great, but others are just plain horrible.

Comment

• Elite
      • Apr 2004

I've found mambo to be the most 'complete' open source (free) CMS as it seems to have modules suited to most applications - don't flame me for this!

I would probably code this yourself if you can as you will end up with a much more flexible tailor made solution

HTH

Comment

• Dave
        • Mar 2004

Well, I have no idea how to program at all.. I tried to learn but fell on my face.. LOL.. I have goofed with a few CMS stuff but none of them really do what I am looking for (or course) they do everything but..

I finally found one that does that I am goofing with right now but of course if you want the full featured version you have to pay for it...

But it's as close as I can get..

Thank ya very much!

Comment

• inztinkt
          • Jun 2005

i believe i saw a mambo addon for this kind of thing, i will keep looking and let you know if i find it.
          <!-- // Blah! // -->

Comment

• Hamtramck Rick
            • Oct 2004

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but band sites are complex. And even if you find a script that comes close, you will have to do some "programmer-like" customization.

One script that does what you want can be found at jamroom.net . I think Soundclick.com uses it.

There is a specially tailered Nuke script which does this too, but I lost the URL.

Comment

• Dave
              • Mar 2004

Yep I installed jamroom... It works pretty good but I have decided a site like that is beyond my scope of things.. I just do little sites for the fun of it and that project just sounded like to much for this lone webmaster hobbiest to handle..
              Know what I'm sayin?

Thanks again....

Comment

Working...