The Planet network problem now so, hope it wouldn't be long time.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damn
    • Mar 2004

Everything went back up about an hour ago (7am EST)

Comment

• george
      • Apr 2005

Ok, now everything seems ok. That's good. I at least got to know The Planet has two VPs of engineering.

The problem itself for me to say, they jumped into Cisco's trap. It's just a small hardware problem somewhere, but Cisco seems want them to find where it is.
      Flash platform services
      iGPS.ca
      map.igps.ca

Comment

• ChrisTech
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ChrisIsBored
        Seems like The Planet just continues to go downhill.
        Everyone experiences hardware network issues every so often. You can be sure if something goes wrong, they have everyone in force out, looking for the problem and working on it.

And you have to remember its one of their several data centers. My dedicated I have with SM, experienced no issues at all. (diff. data center).
        Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• george
          • Apr 2005

Yes I agree. Sometime it just feel painful when it happens before you, worry and wait for a long time.

Originally posted by ChrisTech
          Everyone experiences hardware network issues every so often. You can be sure if something goes wrong, they have everyone in force out, looking for the problem and working on it.

And you have to remember its one of their several data centers. My dedicated I have with SM, experienced no issues at all. (diff. data center).
          Flash platform services
          iGPS.ca
          map.igps.ca

Comment

• ChrisTech
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by george
            Yes I agree. Sometime it just feel painful when it happens before you, worry and wait for a long time.
            It's been clearly marked at network issues. And sh*t does happen. World isn't perfect. There is bound to be downtime sometime. Be greatful its just network issues vs server issues, or say a cut fiber line, or natural disaster or "act of god" (hurricane, tornados, ice age (), ect.) Be happy the building didnt catch on fire or something of that nature. Anything could happen.

If there is something going wrong @ the planet, you can bet, they have people on it, working to resolve it. Same way if something is wrong on a server here, Andrew or another admin will be on the problem right away, working to resolve it, as its their business.

**Edit - Maybe I'm biased. Fault me on that. I dont work for The Planet, but I do love them & Dathorn!
            Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• george
              • Apr 2005

In the case I experienced, I have some other miles to think about the safety way of webhosting business, maybe backup account in another data center and backup dns server as well.

Although we could trust/love dathorn and the planet, there're still some clients didn't know much like us. Some complain and some shout.

Let us pray ....
              Flash platform services
              iGPS.ca
              map.igps.ca

Comment

• thegrimmling
                • Apr 2004

Anyone else notice that the downtime that happens the most is usaually Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon on sites that use their services?

But I'm not sure if that is Dathorns fault or The Planet.

Comment

Working...