X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inztinkt
    • Jun 2005

Vulnerabilities

Hey there,

I been reading up on the (well not so recent) vulnerabilities on systems like AWStats and so forth, do we as users of dathorn have to manually update these systems or do our loving dathorn admins do that?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

-inz
    <!-- // Blah! // -->
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

cPanel version of Awstats would be Dathorn's responsibility as only Dathorn can update it. Any version of Awstats you installed yourself would be your responsibility as with any script you install yourself.
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• inztinkt
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Buddha
      cPanel version of Awstats would be Dathorn's responsibility as only Dathorn can update it. Any version of Awstats you installed yourself would be your responsibility as with any script you install yourself.
      so if we were to install lets say the mambo system from the cpanel, it would be our (as users) obligation to upgrade, or dathorns as it was provided by them.

this is just because i've read ipowerweb's hack story and it seems that the actual installation version of their cpanel (vdesk) tool was hacked. just got a few questions running through my head so i figured i'd ask.
      <!-- // Blah! // -->

Comment

• Buddha
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by inztinkt
        so if we were to install lets say the mambo system from the cpanel, it would be our (as users) obligation to upgrade, or dathorns as it was provided by them.
        It would be the users obligation to upgrade Mambo on thier site. Auto Installers are just there to help users get started. Your always better off installing from the source than cPanel as the Auto Installers are usually out of date. The Auto Installers in cPanel can only be updated by Dathorn.

If it's on your website then it's your responsibility. If it's part of the server, OS, cPanel or WHM then it's Dathorn's.
        "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• ChrisTech
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by inztinkt
          Hey there,

I been reading up on the (well not so recent) vulnerabilities on systems like AWStats and so forth, do we as users of dathorn have to manually update these systems or do our loving dathorn admins do that?

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

Thanks, and keep up the good work.

-inz
          The awstats that Dathorn runs, is only avaible if you log into your own cpanel. (ie. not accessible from the outside) - If you install your own awstats, and don't keep it up to date, that would fall on your shoulders.
          Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

Working...