X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SC_
    • Apr 2004

Help With Image & Link Scripts

Hello.

I'm looking for a few simple PHP scripts that can be completely integrated into my web site design. This is extremely important to me as I will not use a script if I can't customize it to my liking.

I need two scripts: A Links Directory script and an Image Gallery/Manager script. These scripts should be simple and straight-forward; I don't require a lot of 'bells and whistles'.

Coppermine seems to be the industry leader for free Image Managers but, it doesn't appear to be customizable, it allows other users to submit images - something I don't want unless I give them admin access - and it's thumbmail sizes vary depending on the image you're uploading. I need all thumbmails sizes to be 50 x 50 pixels regardles of the image's peremeters, and I need a script that allows for the use of .png file formats rather than jpegs and gifs.

Link Up Free seems like it could be a fine Links Directory for me, but I'm getting a bunch of server errors when I try to install it. Has anyone installed this script successfully on Dathorn's servers? If you have, do you know if it's completely customizable?

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Regards.
  • Grunfeld
    • Mar 2004

For a photo program I would use Gallery it's FREE and a outstanding program
    Not sure about a link program

Gallery is in the scripts however I would recommend a full install and it;s pretty easy to get going..
    Cheers,

Gary
    (This space for rent)

Comment

• SC_
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Grunfeld
      For a photo program I would use Gallery it's FREE and a outstanding program
      Not sure about a link program

Gallery is in the scripts however I would recommend a full install and it;s pretty easy to get going..
      I may just have to do that. When I tried to install Gallery via the script library, I got server errors. (been getting those on a few of those pre-installed scripts...)

Thank you for your response.

ADDENDUM:

Gallery is fully installed and has been fully ingetrated into my site's design. This is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks again, Grunfeld. You saved my life.
      Last edited by SC_; 08-24-2005, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...