Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Comments on Nvu?

There's an open source "WYSIWYG" HTML editor called Nvu ("N-view") that can be found at http://nvu.com/features.html

Looks pretty slick ... anyone here using it? Any opinions after using it for a while?
  • Grunfeld
    • Mar 2004

I haven't used it as of yet, I was reading about it somewhere, I have downloaded it and will play with it over the weekend.....
    Cheers,

Gary
    (This space for rent)

Comment

• felipe808
      • Mar 2004

Have you tried this one?

I've tried a few of these WSIWYG html editors. There are couple out there that are incredibly powerful with analysis of your code, etc. I'd like your opinon on a different option.

A young fellow in Sinapore suggested I convert my site to TextPattern: a server side PHP/MySql solution. I was hesitant thinking the learning curve would be too long and then deciding to believe in this guy's recommendation as he set up the prior html site, plus I figured learning another "thing" may keep this old gray matter chugging along.

I aint' no rocket scientist and "coding" is not something I do or understand, but if you want a site that's hard to break and easy to "dump" stuff into, you ought to check this out. This is a blatant "plug" for the young guy who built it for me. He's a real bright guy and seems know what he's doing. He'll tell you if he doesn't know, also. Plus the best part is he's very reasonable on the cost side.

Check it out: www.LEEDerGroup.com. Rip it apart either here or on the site; there's a comment button.

Once you get the hang of it, it is so easy to dump material in and manipulate text and images. OK, it may not have all the "bells and whistles" that hard coding does, but I don't understand the half of TextPattern yet and it does all I need.

Yeah, it's Open Source, too. If you want to contact this guy, let me know.

Comment

• ergo
        • Feb 2006

well ive tried to use NVU but its not very user friendly now i develop everythin in Eclipe in text mode only , the best way to have conbtrol about everything.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinlulek - my linkedIn profile - please check out
        Freelance professional webdeveloper for hire - XHTML, CSS2, PHP 5 , SOON PYTHON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Ajax & Javascript [ using yahooUI and dojotoolkit for ajax work ], database performance optimisation, security audits. - contact me , get work done the way it should be.

Comment

• ThomasW
          • Mar 2004

I use it sometimes here at work when I need to do something quick and am too lazy to write the code myself. It is nice for what it is, free. However I could not see myself using it on a daily basis, it is just to clunky.

Actually it kind of reminds me of an updated FrontPage Express, assuming anyone remembers that, please don't judge me :-)
          "The word genius isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein!" ... Joe Theisman

Comment

• timg
            • Feb 2005

Nvu is far better than FrontPage was. I took a peek at it last year before they had the full version out. Actually, if I hadn't already committed myself to the Macromedia line, I may have run with it. It shows a lot of promise.
            ~ Tim Gallant ~ http://www.pactumweb.com

Comment

Working...