Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

Foxfire Profile Corruption?

Anyone else having to re-create their profile because FF just seems to start working like crap. Slow to open new sites/tab, click and miss links, double tabs opening ... almost forgot the missing text cursor? It can take a month or more to get to that point and a nice new profile seems to solve all those problems.

... it's nice to have that little cursor back at least.
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Buddha
    Anyone else having to re-create their profile because FF just seems to start working like crap. Slow to open new sites/tab, click and miss links, double tabs opening ... almost forgot the missing text cursor? It can take a month or more to get to that point and a nice new profile seems to solve all those problems.

... it's nice to have that little cursor back at least.
    Nope, I just back my folder up once a week, and if something goes south, I just replace it back.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Buddha
      • Mar 2004

Think I'll get a backup of this new profile once I got all nice again.

Found some instructions for backing up: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#backup
      "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• ChrisTech
        • Mar 2004

as the only user of this pc (ie. MINE!) I just back up my main directory.

C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Mozilla

70 megs total. =0
        Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• bhills
          • Mar 2004

I'm having some Firefox slowness, also. I'll do a search to find out how to do the new profile thing. But it seems like mine may be slow because I have some Firefox extensions installed that perhaps aren't designed too well, and are slow loading. But I'm not sure...

Comment

• retro
            • Jun 2004

BackupFox:
            Denny Cave
            http://www.retrointeractive.com

Comment

Working...