Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Elite
    • Apr 2004

Adult Hosting

I have been asked to setup an adult site for a client - I understand this is not allowed with the current plans - so I have two questions:

1. Will adult sites be allowed on the dedicated solutions?

2. If not any suggestions on a (resonably priced/reliable) host that will allow this? - I will be keeping my non-adult sites here - PM me if you don't want to post rival companies...

many thanks

Nick
  • Amitabh
    • Mar 2004

You would be hardpressed to find a shared hosting provider that allows Adult hosting. Since Dathorn still doesn't sells dedicated servers, I don't think there is any harm in giving out the names of service providers.

Most dedicated server providers do not have restrictions on "legal adult content". That being said, legal might have different meanings for people from different countries, so take a look at the country specific laws and the DC's own T&C and AUP .

All that being said, there are several that you can take a look into. It's just a list of providers that I had once built for my own servers. so please do your won research:
    www.servermatrix.com (it's the same company dathorn customer servers are)
    www.ev1servers.net (the primary dathorn servers and the forum servers)
    www.layeredtech.com (cheap but completely unmanaged, so you need to know your way around servers if anything goes wrong)

There are many more, and probably ChrisTech is the right person to answer this question as he seems to have used quite a lot of different service providers.

Comment

• ChrisTech
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Amitabh
      There are many more, and probably ChrisTech is the right person to answer this question as he seems to have used quite a lot of different service providers.

I've never had any needs to host any "adult content".

I just did a quit search @ WHT (webhostingtalk.com)

Basically look here

I've been around somewhat. =P If you get a dedicated server, make sure either you, yourself know how to admin it, or hire a 3rd party server management company to look after your server. I have someone who looks after mine. I know a bit, enough to be dangerous, but I still need that extra help, and its worth it.

Good luck in finding a host.
      Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Dave
        • Mar 2004

I don't deal with adult sites at all... I used to use one that is cheap but quit them after numberous downtimes.. Probably because of all the adult sites crammed on a shared server....

They were good at answering emails and stuff and taught me quite a bit as I was brand new to web design back then... I can PM them to ya if ya want...

They are pretty cheap,allow mutiple domains and all adult content...
        Sorry I gave up blogging for web design.

Comment

• Elite
          • Apr 2004

Amitabh: Thanks fo the links - I'll check em out - I'd been toying with ev1 anyway...

I've been around somewhat. =P If you get a dedicated server, make sure either you, yourself know how to admin it, or hire a 3rd party server management company to look after your server. I have someone who looks after mine. I know a bit, enough to be dangerous, but I still need that extra help, and its worth it.
          Yep know what you mean - I run a linux box on my dsl (only testing/site demos) and while I've had good up time, I wouldn't want it to be in production for anything serious.. (I'd rather rant at someone else and have them sort it)

I don't deal with adult sites at all... I used to use one that is cheap but quit them after numberous downtimes.. Probably because of all the adult sites crammed on a shared server....

They were good at answering emails and stuff and taught me quite a bit as I was brand new to web design back then... I can PM them to ya if ya want...

They are pretty cheap,allow mutiple domains and all adult content...
          Hmmm - Don't like the sound of the downtime... But at least they answered the phone - I'll look you up if I get stuck... - I have a couple of hosts I want tp check out first..

Comment

Working...