• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mIDO
    cpskins in spanish pleaseeee

it's possible to enable the branding options in cpskins?
    Branding is not available for them. The language files are entirely up to them as they are different than standard cPanel theme language files.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

For those that haven't noticed, check out http://forums.dathorn.com/showthread.php?t=1887

Your requests can happen so keep them coming! Also, preliminary dedicated server information will be posted shortly.

Comment

• donal.macanri
        • Oct 2004

Another vote for PHP5 and Apache Tomcat. Having Java support would significantly increase the value of hosting services we could provide.

What about WebDav support as well?

Comment

• Grae
          • Apr 2005

php5

Do you plan to offer php5 before 2006?

Comment

• KyleC
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by donal.macanri
            What about WebDav support as well?
            WebDav would be sweet!!!
            -Kyle

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Grae
              php5

Do you plan to offer php5 before 2006?
              More than likely not. Also, Tomcat can generate a huge strain on system resources in a shared hosting environment.

Comment

• ph23man
                • Mar 2004

I'd like to see RVskin implemented so that customization of the entire cpanel area can be done. The alternative skins available right now aren't that great (bad even, IMO) and customization of x2 can only be done with header images.

Comment

• schmeg007
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                  Your requests can happen so keep them coming! Also, preliminary dedicated server information will be posted shortly.
                  You've been teasing us with this line for months and yet I still can't wait to hear what your plans are going to be. My needs are just about nearing the dedicated server range and I hope you get your info out before I sign up with another company!

EDIT:
                  And apparently the wait is over!

Thanks!

Comment

• AndrewT
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by schmeg007
                    You've been teasing us with this line for months and yet I still can't wait to hear what your plans are going to be. My needs are just about nearing the dedicated server range and I hope you get your info out before I sign up with another company!

EDIT:
                    And apparently the wait is over!

Thanks!
                    We're pushing back these plans until after the beginning of the year when things start to settle down again.

Comment

• ZYV
                      • Sep 2005

What I am looking for in a host is at the same time simple and important. I would greately appreciate 2 DNS servers with the IPs in different class C network. Why I am asking for this if we do have 2 DNS servers by default?

The problem is with geographical domains. I know it's stupid, but if you need to register e.g. ".ru" they require you to have 2 DNSs in different C networks even to delegate a domain. So actually I am obliged to use the free mydomain.com DNS services for every .ru I want to host on Dathorn.

Kinda stupid..

Comment

• halyfax
                        • Mar 2004

I will just through the request for WebDav support again

Comment

• powvex
                          • Mar 2004

Again, I'll request free backup on all plans, or a better way to be charged for backup on used backup space. not allocation.

Comment

• AndrewT
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2004

Just to address a few things...

One again, The backup system is not going to change. It simply is not feasible to monitor each individual account and charge them accordingly to actual backup disk usage every month.

WebDav is simply not an option.

RVSkin may be an option, I will continue to look into this. However, if it does become an option it will likely be introduced on our new platform servers only as each are upgraded. More details are to come, but with these new servers we are going to go with Fantastico De Luxe w/ Template Express instead of the CPSkins.com material to see how that works out.

Dedicated servers will be next on my list to do as soon as we get our new systems up and running. I just need to complete the new backup software first.

DNS servers on seperate class C's has been noted and I would like to be able to offer this as well, but a lot of that depends on The Planet's available IP blocks.

PHP 5 will be an option, right now we're waiting on a stable php4(phpsuexec)/php5(cgi) solution that works with PHP 5.1.2.

We're considering offering ClientExec licenses to existing customers for a couple dollars per month as well.

Questions and comments are always welcome.

Comment

• powvex
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                              Just to address a few things...

One again, The backup system is not going to change. It simply is not feasible to monitor each individual account and charge them accordingly to actual backup disk usage every month.

These days backup is provided totally free on almost all reseller plans around the world.

Comment

• AndrewT
                                Administrator
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by powvex
                                These days backup is provided totally free on almost all reseller plans around the world.
                                To be perfectly honest, we are not interested in other company's business plans. My previous statements still stand, the backup pricing will not change.

Comment

Working...