Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grunfeld
    • Mar 2004

Gallery 2

Has anyone been playing with Gallery 2 the newst version from the fine community at Gallery..

Looking to see if the upgrade went well etc...

Thanks
    Cheers,

Gary
    (This space for rent)
  • Buddha
    • Mar 2004

Been looking at the code but that's just an academic exercise been interesting to see the changes from procedural to OO. Especially since unlike most FOSS projects, Gallery seems quiet aware it's user base is on shared servers. I'm undecided weather it's better, worse or just the same looking only at the code. Sure would like to hear some actual user thoughts on the subject?
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

• sdjl
      • Mar 2004

I've been very tempted to upgrade my gallery software to the new version, but it looks like a long winded process from gallery 1.5 to 2.
      I'm sure i'll end up doing it in the next week or so, so will post once i've made the switch

David
      -----
      Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Comment

• Fran
        • Apr 2004

Switched?

Originally posted by sdjl
        I've been very tempted to upgrade my gallery software to the new version, but it looks like a long winded process from gallery 1.5 to 2.
        I'm sure i'll end up doing it in the next week or so, so will post once i've made the switch David
        David, Did you make the switch? If so, how's it going...

- Fran

Comment

• sdjl
          • Mar 2004

I looked at it again and decided against upgrading. The process is a little long winded for me to do at the moment. I just upgraded to the latest 1.5 version

I do plan on upgrading to version 2 at some point, i just need to find a spare afternoon to do it!

David
          -----
          Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Comment

Working...