X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goose
    • Mar 2004

Free Opera Web Browser

Today September 21, 2005 only, you can get Opera (with no ads) for free:

Faster, safer and smarter than default browsers. Fully-featured for privacy, security, and so much more. Get the faster, better Opera browser for free.

Have Fun
  • ChrisTech
    • Mar 2004

2nd time they've done this recently.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• bhills
      • Mar 2004

It's fishy. I downloaded it and installed it and then when I went to use it. My Sygate firewall caught some spyware or adware site trying to get in. I denied it access. And after that the Opera browser wouldn't work.

If Opera wants to pull this, they ought to inform people before-hand. Not try to sneak stuff in by advertising "no advertising." I don't trust them.

Comment

• Grunfeld
        • Mar 2004

worked well for me ...... no issues...is a nice browser faster than firefox
        Cheers,

Gary
        (This space for rent)

Comment

• ChrisTech
          • Mar 2004

I love my firefox too much to dump it.
          Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• Buddha
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bhills
            It's fishy. I downloaded it and installed it and then when I went to use it. My Sygate firewall caught some spyware or adware site trying to get in. I denied it access. And after that the Opera browser wouldn't work.

If Opera wants to pull this, they ought to inform people before-hand. Not try to sneak stuff in by advertising "no advertising." I don't trust them.
            You sure Sygate didn't catch the version for Opera? Blocking it with Sygate would have the same effect.
            "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Comment

Working...