X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

cpanel12 server upgrade

Beginning later today we will be upgrading the cpanel12 server to an entirely new server with our new backup system. To do this we will disable FTP access entirely before the transfer is started and then we will begin transfering accounts via the LAN. Once the transfer has been completed we will take the old server offline and re-setup the new one with all of the correct IPs. You will not have to make any DNS changes during this, just sit tight and wait for us to complete the process. I will reply to this thread once we actually begin this.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

The transfer process has now begun and FTP on cpanel12 has been disabled to prevent missing/old data issues. I will update this thread once everything has been completed.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

The transfer progress is only about 25% complete at this point. Unfortunately it's not going as quickly as I had hoped but we will make sure that it gets completed correctly.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Also, as an FYI, FTP had to be enabled during this process so anything that has been changed during these few hours will not be transfered over. Databases, however, will be live the entire time as of the transfer being completed.

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

This process is a bit over 50% complete.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

The account transfers are now complete and within the next few hours the old cpanel12 server will be going offline and the new one will be coming online to replace it. Once that's down we will just re-sync the MySQL databases again as well as the cPanel themes and reseller information. After that the process should be complete.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

The upgrade process is now entirely complete. Just a note though, you will have to re-install SSL certificates unfortunately as these are not transfered in cPanel account restores.

I urge everyone to signup and pay for our new backup system, without it you really are risking everything.

Comment

Working...