X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fran
    • Apr 2004

Frustration

OK Guys,

I've been attempting to install Wordpress and Gallery 2. I'm at the end of my patience with my inability and am looking for a tutor.

Anyone interested? It must be over the phone (I'll pay for the call) as I need a step-by-step deal. Include your hourly rate please.

(I've tried installing at the root level / within the http_public area, recreated databases and users, changed the config info to include the server name in various combinations for the db and user names, etc.)

Send me a private e-mail to fran.adams@gmail.com

Thanks,

- Fran
  • sfoma
    • Mar 2004

Fran, I have 2 sites running WP and G2 tightly integrated. I don't really have the time for phone support, but if you post specific issues I would be happy to help for free.

Comment

• Fran
      • Apr 2004

Thanks for the Offer

Originally posted by sfoma
      Fran, I have 2 sites running WP and G2 tightly integrated. I don't really have the time for phone support, but if you post specific issues I would be happy to help for free.
      Thanks for the offer. I've started getting results with WP, but am not quite finished. I'll be re-attacking G2 shortly and will ask again - once I have ensured my ducks are lined up.

Again, thanks. The assistance is appreciated.

- Fran

Comment

• Fran
        • Apr 2004

I'm back...

Originally posted by sfoma
        Well, I'm back after working with Gallery 2!! The Error Message for step 4 which sets up the database is:

"Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host 'xxxxxxx' (1) in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/galapp/lib/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 348
        xxxxxxx: Unknown MySQL server host 'xxxxxxx' (1)"

I've tried with and without the prefix info (xxxxxxx_username, etc.). The database and 2 users are set up and appear to be active.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

- Fran

Comment

• james
          • Mar 2004

Have you set the mysql server host to localhost? It should be localhost I would guess.

Your db name should be cpanelusername_databasename (ie your cpanel login prefixes your chosen database name).

Also, ensure in cPanel that you assign the two users to the database you created.

Comment

• Fran
            • Apr 2004

Localhost

Originally posted by james
            Have you set the mysql server host to localhost? It should be localhost I would guess.

Your db name should be cpanelusername_databasename (ie your cpanel login prefixes your chosen database name).

Also, ensure in cPanel that you assign the two users to the database you created.
            I set the server host to localhost, added users and ensured they were added to the db, and used the cpanelusername_databasename convention. That puppy seems to dislike me personally!

Thanks for your suggestions though, something will hit the right spot I'm sure.

- Fran

Comment

• james
              • Mar 2004

Your error message indicates that the mysql server cannot even be located (ie it's not a username/password issue).

I'm all out of ideas unfortunately.

Comment

• Fran
                • Apr 2004

Localhost

Originally posted by james
                Your error message indicates that the mysql server cannot even be located (ie it's not a username/password issue). I'm all out of ideas unfortunately.
                Well, it seems both WordPress and Gallery2 had the same problem. I put in a bogus server location and continued. I got the error and retyped in 'localhost' and as if by magic (which it likely is), they both work.

Not sure why, but I'm not arguing...

Thanks for the suggestions and assistance. Now off to get WPG2 to work between WP and Gallery 2.

- Fran

Comment

Working...