Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Firefox 1.5

This is why i use a mac now
    -----
    Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Quote Originally Posted by sdjl
    This is why i use a mac now
    The world will be a better place if ... or better yet when ... Apple releases OSX for Intel.
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    The world will be a better place if ... or better yet when ... Apple releases OSX for Intel.
    Then wouldn't OSX be targeted with viruses and junk as well?
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

One of the reasons its so good is because they can target exact hardware and optimize for it. Even with more malicious targeting though I think that Apple software or any software for that matter is more secure than MS. I mean look at their Remote Outlook, the logout button doesn't even log you out. It just takes you to a page that says close your browser. This is more insecure than if they had not added a logout button at all. So yes it is targeted more, but its also less secure by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisTech
    Then wouldn't OSX be targeted with viruses and junk as well?
    I was thinking of the effect it would have on the desktop. OSX has a great desktop and established application base with a kernel of BSD goodness on the inside for the geek. It's a Microsoft destop killer. I'm actually looking forward to MacWorld just to see what Apple comes up with this next year.

... anyway Mac already have viruses and junk ... just wish my Mac friends would stop sending them to me. "I can't open this attachment. Can you?" I've collected some of the most nasty viruses from my Mac friends that way.
    "Whatcha mean I shouldn't be rude to my clients?! If you want polite then there will be a substantial fee increase." - Buddha

With Firefox 1.5 I've noticed in a couple of applications: phpbb and cubecart, that I have to login more than once. It's like the cookie does not take the first time. I.E. 6 does not seem to have this problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yep. Seem to happen with a couple of new reseller accounts today. They were HTTP authentications and seemed to work fine after restarting.

they really need to fix some of these bugs. they're getting a bad rep from this upgrade
    Dan Blomberg

I'm starting to get a little irritated with firefox now.
    I'm increasingly noticing that it's using between 60 and 85% of my CPU, which for a mac, is bad.

Not good.

David
    -----
    Do you fear the obsolescence of the metanarrative apparatus of legitimation?

Quote Originally Posted by sdjl
    I'm starting to get a little irritated with firefox now.
    I'm increasingly noticing that it's using between 60 and 85% of my CPU, which for a mac, is bad.

Not good.

David
    Time to revert back to an older version, while you wait for them to fix said problems. I'm sure glad I haven't updated now. With multiple issues others seem to have. Then again, if I could, I would prolly still be using other older software. I miss the different First Class Client communities (if anyone remembers that software)
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Thread Information