Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Took the CMS Plunge

Smile Took the CMS Plunge

Hi whm'ers,

I finally Just Did It and installed phpWebsite onto a customer site where I am also a volunteer.

I had forgotten how painless cPanel makes installs.
    I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me... anywhere.

Now if These People could DOCUMENT this thing consistently, I'd be a tad less frustrated...
    กกก Jess G. กกก

Watch out for those cpanel-supplied scripts, they are not nessesarily up to date. if it gets hacked, you could lose your dathorn acct. it's your responsibility to stay on top of updates and patches.

The best CMS that I have found is Etomite - it's so easy to use. I use it exclusively here on my dathorn acct.
    Last edited by cathode; 01-05-2006 at 11:09 AM.

I would personally recommend e107
    it's just gone stable after over a year of development, so it's a good time to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by lucid.media
    I would personally recommend e107
    it's just gone stable after over a year of development, so it's a good time to try it out
    That's what I've been using on my site now for well over a year...pretty basic, but don't need a whole lot, other than to be able to update or or add download files while not at home.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Hey ChrisTech,

I also use e107 for my site. Have you upgraded to 0.7.1 version yet? I did and for some reason some of my users are getting a blank screen or not able to log in. Just wondering if you had any problems if you upgraded? I tried asking on the e107 forum but from what I've gathered they have no idea what's causing this. I'm can't seem to reproduce this cause from my end as I'm not having any problems. I'm just wondering if you had issues like this and if you found a solution?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeality
    Hey ChrisTech,

I also use e107 for my site. Have you upgraded to 0.7.1 version yet? I did and for some reason some of my users are getting a blank screen or not able to log in. Just wondering if you had any problems if you upgraded? I tried asking on the e107 forum but from what I've gathered they have no idea what's causing this. I'm can't seem to reproduce this cause from my end as I'm not having any problems. I'm just wondering if you had issues like this and if you found a solution?

Thanks!
    Nope, I saw some people having problems, and at the time they had released it I didn't think it was a "stable" version. Thought it was a "beta" version?

Might try re-upping all the files for the upgrade, or checking the chmods for the different files.

Quote Originally Posted by cathode
    Watch out for those cpanel-supplied scripts, they are not nessesarily up to date. if it gets hacked, you could lose your dathorn acct. it's your responsibility to stay on top of updates and patches.

The best CMS that I have found is Etomite - it's so easy to use. I use it exclusively here on my dathorn acct.
    You may want to check your Etomite, the current package was pulled due to security reasons. there is a patch. I think it is version .6??

e107 released version 0.7.1 on Jan 18 which according to their site is a stable release. Thanks for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by halyfax
    You may want to check your Etomite, the current package was pulled due to security reasons. there is a patch. I think it is version .6??
    I'm always ahead of the curve on etomite

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeality
    e107 released version 0.7.1 on Jan 18 which according to their site is a stable release. Thanks for the advice.
    Well, the version I have, is exploitable somehow, they were able to upload their own index file removing the e107 stuff now, and will just put up a header page for now, might just push my foums as the main page instead of the cms.

*sigh*

And e107 is completely removed, all files, password on the site is changed. Meh, not something I want to deal with attempting to fix tonite.
    Last edited by ChrisTech; 02-09-2006 at 05:13 PM.

Thread Information