Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Took the CMS Plunge

  1. #1
    Member J-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    between Chicago and Gary, USA
    Posts
    54

    Smile Took the CMS Plunge

    Hi whm'ers,

    I finally Just Did It and installed phpWebsite onto a customer site where I am also a volunteer.

    I had forgotten how painless cPanel makes installs.
    I just hope it doesn't come back to bite me... anywhere.

    Now if These People could DOCUMENT this thing consistently, I'd be a tad less frustrated...
    กกก Jess G. กกก

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Watch out for those cpanel-supplied scripts, they are not nessesarily up to date. if it gets hacked, you could lose your dathorn acct. it's your responsibility to stay on top of updates and patches.

    The best CMS that I have found is Etomite - it's so easy to use. I use it exclusively here on my dathorn acct.
    Last edited by cathode; 01-05-2006 at 11:09 AM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I would personally recommend e107
    it's just gone stable after over a year of development, so it's a good time to try it out

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucid.media
    I would personally recommend e107
    it's just gone stable after over a year of development, so it's a good time to try it out
    That's what I've been using on my site now for well over a year...pretty basic, but don't need a whole lot, other than to be able to update or or add download files while not at home.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

    My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Hey ChrisTech,

    I also use e107 for my site. Have you upgraded to 0.7.1 version yet? I did and for some reason some of my users are getting a blank screen or not able to log in. Just wondering if you had any problems if you upgraded? I tried asking on the e107 forum but from what I've gathered they have no idea what's causing this. I'm can't seem to reproduce this cause from my end as I'm not having any problems. I'm just wondering if you had issues like this and if you found a solution?

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeality
    Hey ChrisTech,

    I also use e107 for my site. Have you upgraded to 0.7.1 version yet? I did and for some reason some of my users are getting a blank screen or not able to log in. Just wondering if you had any problems if you upgraded? I tried asking on the e107 forum but from what I've gathered they have no idea what's causing this. I'm can't seem to reproduce this cause from my end as I'm not having any problems. I'm just wondering if you had issues like this and if you found a solution?

    Thanks!
    Nope, I saw some people having problems, and at the time they had released it I didn't think it was a "stable" version. Thought it was a "beta" version?

    Might try re-upping all the files for the upgrade, or checking the chmods for the different files.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

    My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cathode
    Watch out for those cpanel-supplied scripts, they are not nessesarily up to date. if it gets hacked, you could lose your dathorn acct. it's your responsibility to stay on top of updates and patches.

    The best CMS that I have found is Etomite - it's so easy to use. I use it exclusively here on my dathorn acct.
    You may want to check your Etomite, the current package was pulled due to security reasons. there is a patch. I think it is version .6??

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6

    Default

    e107 released version 0.7.1 on Jan 18 which according to their site is a stable release. Thanks for the advice.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by halyfax
    You may want to check your Etomite, the current package was pulled due to security reasons. there is a patch. I think it is version .6??
    I'm always ahead of the curve on etomite

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeality
    e107 released version 0.7.1 on Jan 18 which according to their site is a stable release. Thanks for the advice.
    Well, the version I have, is exploitable somehow, they were able to upload their own index file removing the e107 stuff now, and will just put up a header page for now, might just push my foums as the main page instead of the cms.


    *sigh*

    And e107 is completely removed, all files, password on the site is changed. Meh, not something I want to deal with attempting to fix tonite.
    Last edited by ChrisTech; 02-09-2006 at 05:13 PM.
    Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

    My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •