Discussion for New Server Platform & Features Announcement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dj1s
    • Mar 2004

Is it possible/practical for users on older servers to move all their accounts to newer servers? I'd like to take advantage of PHP 5 but I'm on servers I know won't be upgraded for a while, if ever.

I'd imagine it to create billing problems.. Andrew?

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

We do not move customers between servers. Of course everyone always wants the best and newest there is, but that simply is not possible. We'll be doing the upgrades as quickly as we can.

Comment

• andeelym
        • Aug 2004

With the new servers, can I finally be able to mass mail (not spam) without getting my account suspended?

Or is there an alternate solution for it? It is quite difficult to convince some of my customers that the mass mail feature in some of the software like phpnuke, oscommerce cannot be used due to limited server resources.

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by andeelym
          With the new servers, can I finally be able to mass mail (not spam) without getting my account suspended?

Or is there an alternate solution for it? It is quite difficult to convince some of my customers that the mass mail feature in some of the software like phpnuke, oscommerce cannot be used due to limited server resources.
          No, this does not change at all, this is still a shared hosting environment. Mass mailings must be split up into many smaller sends spread out over time.

Comment

• ergo
            • Feb 2006

you need a custom solution for stuff like that ,i thought it over and its very easy to write :-)
            Last edited by ergo; 03-07-2006, 10:12 AM.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinlulek - my linkedIn profile - please check out
            Freelance professional webdeveloper for hire - XHTML, CSS2, PHP 5 , SOON PYTHON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Ajax & Javascript [ using yahooUI and dojotoolkit for ajax work ], database performance optimisation, security audits. - contact me , get work done the way it should be.

Comment

• andeelym
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ergo
              you need a custom solution for stuff like that ,i thought it over and its very easy to write :-)
              Care to elaborate or share your findings?

Comment

• andeelym
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                No, this does not change at all, this is still a shared hosting environment. Mass mailings must be split up into many smaller sends spread out over time.
                There must thousands who asked this but what is the magic formula for it?

Comment

• AndrewT
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2004

There must thousands who asked this but what is the magic formula for it?
                  What we always recommend is sending 10 e-mails, pausing for 10 seconds, sending 10 more, etc.

Comment

• J-G
                    • May 2004

Maybe u should outsource your e-mailing?

I do "all-purpose" IT work at my main customer site. "Back in '05," they spent $hundred$ of dollars a month on e-mail newsletters and "blasts," sent biweekly to about 50,000 customers. I recommended a place that would cut that to about $100/month. Altho they didn't use my recommended e-mail ASP ("application service provider," not active server pages), they used my findings to negotiate a WAY lower charge.

This guy Wilson has several reviewed here: http://www.wilsonweb.com/recommendations/emailing.htm
                    ¡¡¡ Jess G. ¡¡¡

Comment

• ergo
                      • Feb 2006

Care to elaborate or share your findings?
                      no i could write it for you i think ( for a fee ) , its not like i've found something that does it :]

Freelance professional webdeveloper for hire - XHTML, CSS2, PHP 5 , SOON PYTHON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Ajax & Javascript [ using yahooUI and dojotoolkit for ajax work ], database performance optimisation, security audits. - contact me , get work done the way it should be.

Comment

• ph23man
                        • Mar 2004

I don't have a lot of personal experience with RvSkin and I don't know if there are varying levels of permissions and what not but I just want to ask.. on the new server platforms will we be allowed to fully customize the cpanel skin? I mean completely customize, not just swap a few images, or using the default RvSkin templates.

Comment

• AndrewT
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2004

You will not be given any different options/features than what RVSkin has to offer.

Comment

• andeelym
                            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ergo
                            no i could write it for you i think ( for a fee ) , its not like i've found something that does it :]
                            I hope that Mail Bomber will be able to the job well.

Comment

• ergo
                              • Feb 2006

you have to sent those mails through dathorn server so its not much of a difference i think :]

Comment

• ergo
                                • Feb 2006

ok, i wrote piece of software that can mail possibly UNLIMITED amount of users , with selectable amount of mails at a time ( andrew mentioned 10 users with 10 sec delay in a pass ), this soft does exactly what it should do , sends emails ( both mail or smtp ) , with delay set via javascript , i wrote it for my ecommerce softwre but it should be adjusted easly for any software :-) if anyone is interested in itpm me for the details ( the soft will be encoded so you will not be able to play with it ), saying what software you use and if you can provide me with at least a fragment of database ( for testing it would be easier for me to have some data to work on)

Comment

Working...