Discussion for New Server Platform & Features Announcement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DWalley
    • Jul 2004

if I only have the nameservers to change at registrar then I shoud not have any dns zones to worry about. correct?

I am using my own nameservers.
    Whith my own nameservers I won't have to switch mail servers, that should be taken are of when I switch my dns.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

All of what I said still applies regardless of what nameservers you are using. If you have edited your DNS zones manually via WHM to add/modify particular entires then you will have to do the same on the new server. During the DNS propragation some e-mail will go to the old server and some to the new. You will need to check e-mail using both servers for a few days if this is important to you.

Comment

• DWalley
        • Jul 2004

If I need my customers to check both servers for their mail. Then how di tell them to do that. They only have one username, password and mailserver for their email acount??

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

They'll need to setup two e-mail accounts in their e-mail client. One can use cpanel13.gzo.com as the mail server and the other can use cpanel61.gzo.com. They can remove the cpanel13 account after 24-48 hours.

Comment

• DWalley
            • Jul 2004

Any easier instructions, lol. That will be a task because right now they are ung their own email servers tied to their domains and most are not very computer literate. Maybe ill just take my chances and just change the DNS on the domains and let it go.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

That is the only option really. Alternatively they could access webmail via http://cpanel13.gzo.com/webmail/ on the new server just to see if any missing messages arrived there.

I will say that *most* uses that check their e-mail fairly frequently won't have or notice any problems. Though if they mention a missing e-mail it likely got delivered to the old server.

Comment

• DWalley
                • Jul 2004

How's it looking Andrew? Can I change my DNS on my domains yet for Cpanel 13?

Dwayne Walley

Comment

• AndrewT
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2004

As per the thread in the announcements forum pertaining to your upgrade: you should not make any DNS changes until we have updated the thread stating that the transfers have been completed (you will then also be directed to make the DNS changes). This only started about 2 hours ago and may take 24 hours or so to complete.

Comment

• DWalley
                    • Jul 2004

OK, I am going out of town on THursday and want to get this done. I will be wathcing the thread.

Comment

Working...