Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • andeelym
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ergo
    you have to sent those mails through dathorn server so its not much of a difference i think :]
    But at least I can tune the email sending speed to Dathorn-approved standards. And it allows you to manage subscriptions. Quite a good basic feature piece of software.

Comment

• smittyatthebeach
      • Mar 2006

PHP 5

Andrew you said you could enable php 5 by using a php5 extension, but how do you enable it by default for the whole site? can you do that in the htaccess file?

Thanks

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Please see http://forums.dathorn.com/showthread.php?t=2168

That single AddHandler line in your .htaccess file will make all files matching those extensions executable through PHP5.

Comment

• halyfax
          • Mar 2004

I currently have some survey's (connecting to a mysql database) live on cpanel28 that is being upgraded on the 11th. I cannot shut them down as they have to be available all the time.

I will be adjusting my custom nameservers when the announcement comes out to do so.

My question is:
          Will there be any down time at all? I assume the surveys will be accessable on both servers for a period of time until the whole thing resolves.

Will I be able access the data on both servers during the crossover using:

and

until the nameservers resolve?

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

There won't be any downtime but if you leave the cpanel28 survey active you will find that there will be database entries missing between the time your domain is transfered to cpanel42 and the time that the new DNS propagates.

Those URLs will work. However, they are only preview URLs. They are not to be used for public access.

Comment

• halyfax
              • Mar 2004

do we know approx what time the transfer will take place..I want to make some backups as late in the game as possible.

TIA

Comment

• AndrewT
                Administrator
                • Mar 2004

I really can't give you any sort of estimate on that. There are many domains to transfer and yours could fall anywhere in that group. The upgrade process will begin sometime after 8AM tomorrow morning.

Comment

• Mr_Green.com
                  • Aug 2004

Neomail problems

I'm having problems with Neomail accounts on at least one of my domains.
                  It was brought to my attention that two customers lost all their emails and when I tried to log into their webmail account, the Neomail option was gone. Perhaps I missed something, is this supposed to happen?

Comment

• AndrewT
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2004

cPanel dropped Neomail. For further support you should submit a ticket.

Comment

• halyfax
                      • Mar 2004

is anyone else's WHM not have any of their packages available after the upgrade from 28 to 42?

I went to create a new account and all of my packages are gone?

Comment

• AndrewT
                        Administrator
                        • Mar 2004

Please submit a trouble ticket for support.

Comment

• Detonator
                          • Mar 2004

What will happen to DNS zonefiles, during the transfer cPanel34 -> 43?

a.- Will they ALL be transferred, including parked domain-zones?
                          b.- Will you do a search/replace in the zonefiles of the old IP's into the new IP's, after the move?
                          c.- What else will potentially screw up in the zonefiles?

Comment

• AndrewT
                            Administrator
                            • Mar 2004

You do not need to worry about the zone files unless you have added your own custom entries to them, in that case cPanel will not transfer those custom entries and you will have to re-add them again. Otherwise everything will be transfered properly (parked domains, subdomains, etc.).

Comment

• zen
                              • Mar 2004

since many upgrades have been performed, do you have a bead on the time apps with database updates (shopping cart specifically) should be shutdown to allow for the DNS prop? i would like to tell my customer about how long they should expect for their stores to be closed. i know there are no guarantees, i am just looking to set their expectations the best possible.

thanks for the great work, Andrew and team!

Comment

• AndrewT
                                Administrator
                                • Mar 2004

DNS propagation varies a lot from ISP to ISP. Your best bet would be to disable the store when the account transfers begin and then enable it on the new server only once the account is on the new server and change your DNS at that time. That way it will be closed to users viewing the site on the old server but it will be open on the new server as it should be.

Comment

Working...