Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion for New Server Platform & Features Announcement

I haven't seen it said, but can we count on a warning before every server is switched over? I'm on 09.

Quote Originally Posted by cathode
    I haven't seen it said, but can we count on a warning before every server is switched over? I'm on 09.
    yes, you can count on a warning (its actually been said). The warning will look very similar to the one just posted in the announcents forum for cpanel10. Also, Andrew said he will email all the users on the server.
    Dan Blomberg

Absolutely. All server upgrades have always been announced here in the forums more than 48 hours in advance. Since these new upgrades require some customers to change DNS, e-mail notifications are sent out as well. The cpanel10 e-mail notification will go out tomorrow.

Default MX Records - CNames. CNames Run. Run Names Run.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT
    Yes, you would use the same gzo.com nameservers in your case. As far as I know, cPanel backups now properly include MX records, but it wouldn't hurt to confirm the settings after the domain transfered.
    So, when do we know when our server is being migrated? Will each user be advised, or do we camp out on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Backup Bob
    So, when do we know when our server is being migrated? Will each user be advised, or do we camp out on this forum?
    Please see the posts above.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewT
    Absolutely. All server upgrades have always been announced here in the forums more than 48 hours in advance. Since these new upgrades require some customers to change DNS, e-mail notifications are sent out as well. The cpanel10 e-mail notification will go out tomorrow.
    I appreciate that, I had missed it previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedja
    This is national domain TLD. There is just one, you cannot change it. Domain registration policy is very restrictive including providing written proofs about validity of domain owner. It is complicated and slow process.
    Which TLD, specifically, is this?

Whoa.

I love you, Andrew.

You said the upgrades will be (relatively) sequential based on the age of the server - but since cpanel 10 is first, cpanel 20 is next, and cpanel 19 isn't till the end... im guessing that just looking at the numbers wont tell us when each server specifically is gonna get upgraded. Any chance of a 'roadmap' or something? It's pointless and a waste of time, i know... but it'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolith
    You said the upgrades will be (relatively) sequential based on the age of the server - but since cpanel 10 is first, cpanel 20 is next, and cpanel 19 isn't till the end... im guessing that just looking at the numbers wont tell us when each server specifically is gonna get upgraded. Any chance of a 'roadmap' or something? It's pointless and a waste of time, i know... but it'd be cool.
    Unfortunately I can't really provide any roadmap as we've not decided beyond cpanel10 and cpanel20 at this point. I believe those 2 servers are the only ones still running on P4s, so we'll have to figure out how we will work from there exactly. All upgrades are announced well in advance though.

Andrew,

When the migration to the new servers are completed, how will the old server be online for? A day or two, a week. I am asking because of replication. (So I/we know how long we have to inform userw to update there DNS IP entries if need be.)
    Andy

Thread Information