X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lecter
    Ok, I think my sites are fine after the move.

Couple of questions.

How do I access the old and new servers without going through the domain names? Are these correct (of course updating with the actual username):

Are there any advantages to changing my DNS servers to:

dns75.gzo.com
    dns76.gzo.com

Or should I leave them as the old DNS servers (which seem to be working)?

Thanks for the new server and all of your work with the transfer Andrew and co!

Jim
    Yes, those are the correct URLs. Your DNS is fine as is if you never entered an IPs and are using dns19/dns20. Though in the future it may be less confusing for you if you simply change them to dns75/dns76 but doing this wouldn't cause any downtime.

Comment

• AndrewT
      Administrator
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tegeril
      If we are currently getting the cpanel10 server when we go to www.domainname.com/cpanel (as opposed to the one accessible from WHM on cpanel38) do we need to update our DNS entries?

I can't recall if at any time I entered manual IP addresses, but I noticed the difference because I changed my cpanel skin in WHM and when going to domainname.com/cpanel the old skin shows, but accessing it from WHM shows the new skin, different versions of software, etc.
      DNS will take time to propagate depending on your ISP. It may not have transfered yet. But my previous statements still stand, you need to check that you are using dns19/dns20 and have never entered an IPs at your registrar.

Comment

• Tegeril
        • Feb 2006

University for an ISP, so who knows how long it'll take to update. Registered the domain originally with Godaddy when I created the dathorn account, currently it only lists 19/20 and I don't see a way of checking whether or not an IP was entered.

You said it would not cause any additional downtime to migrate the ips to the new DNS entries, right?

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Tegeril
          University for an ISP, so who knows how long it'll take to update. Registered the domain originally with Godaddy when I created the dathorn account, currently it only lists 19/20 and I don't see a way of checking whether or not an IP was entered.

You said it would not cause any additional downtime to migrate the ips to the new DNS entries, right?
          If no IPs are listed then you don't have anything to worry about. But changing from dns19/dns20 to dns75/dns76 will not cause any downtime.

Comment

• Lecter
            • Jul 2004

Is there a way to access the cpanel10 e-mail server through IMAP? If not IMAP, any other ways?

I think I'm missing e-mails between the last time I checked and the time the server changeover took place.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Lecter
              Is there a way to access the cpanel10 e-mail server through IMAP? If not IMAP, any other ways?

I think I'm missing e-mails between the last time I checked and the time the server changeover took place.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim
              Use cpanel10.gzo.com as the server.

Comment

• Lecter
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by AndrewT
                Use cpanel10.gzo.com as the server.
                Thanks Andrew. I just recovered 92 e-mails. Whew!

Comment

• Tegeril
                  • Feb 2006

Thanks for all your quick support responses Andrew, I changed the dns to 75/76 anyhow and just checked cpanel again and it shows the cpanel38 system.

Comment

Working...