X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deadamc
    • Jun 2004

Problem With Outlook Express

Hey,

I am trying to configure outlook express with some of my email accounts and it is working to the point where I can receive email, but it is not allowing me to send out email.

I used the "auto config" from inside my Cpanel to configure outlook express so I do not know why there is a problem.

Here is the message I am receiving when trying to send emails from express...

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'adam@agelquickstart.com', Server: 'mail.agelquickstart.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Also, If anyone recommends another email program over Outlook Express then please let me know. I am willing to change email programs to get this working. Thanks for any help!

Regards,
    Adam Murray
  • Andy
    • Mar 2004

Does your ISP allow you to send out email via smtp on another host. A lot of ISP's do not allow this unless you use there smtp servers. I would try that first.

If you still are looking for another web client thunderbird is a good program and its free.

Originally posted by deadamc
    Hey,

I am trying to configure outlook express with some of my email accounts and it is working to the point where I can receive email, but it is not allowing me to send out email.

I used the "auto config" from inside my Cpanel to configure outlook express so I do not know why there is a problem.

Here is the message I am receiving when trying to send emails from express...

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'adam@agelquickstart.com', Server: 'mail.agelquickstart.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Also, If anyone recommends another email program over Outlook Express then please let me know. I am willing to change email programs to get this working. Thanks for any help!

Regards,
    Adam Murray
    Andy

Comment

• deadamc
      • Jun 2004

All I know is that it used to work fine and now it doesnt work. That might be what the problem is...

If that is the problem, is it possible to use their outgoing servers to send the email from my email accounts?

Thanks!

Comment

• ChrisTech
        • Mar 2004

Try changing your outgoin mail server to your ISP's outgoing mail server.

Several ISP's now block port 25 and only allow their outgoing mail server. SBC is one that blocks this.
        Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• -Oz-
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ChrisTech
          Several ISP's now block port 25 and only allow their outgoing mail server. SBC is one that blocks this.
          Cox also blocks this. A real pain if you ask me.
          Dan Blomberg

Comment

• Frank Hagan
            • Mar 2004

Add Adelphia to the ISPs that block port 25.

You can change the "reply to" portion of the header so that it will appear that your email sent via your ISP will be from your Dathorn domain. But otherwise you'll have to try and get your ISP to unblock port 25 .... and if they are Cox, Adelphia, etc., they simply won't do it (unless you pay for a commercial account).

Comment

• deadamc
              • Jun 2004

I am using BellSouth FastAccess DSL service... I don't know if they block it or not... I guess I will need to call them to try to find a solution for this.

Thanks!

Comment

• openbox
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by deadamc
                I don't know if they block it or not
                BS does block port 25.

Get the latest in news, entertainment, sports, weather and more on Currently.com. Sign up for free email service with AT&T Yahoo Mail.

Comment

Working...