Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ergo
    • Feb 2006

hacked accounts ?

ive recently read about closing hacked phpbb accounts . what is an official policy on this ? i always upgrade my forums and other software almost the same day the patch is out but hipoteticaly what would happen if i would not manage to update the scripts phpbb and coppermine gallery fast enough and got hacked ?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/marcinlulek - my linkedIn profile - please check out
    Freelance professional webdeveloper for hire - XHTML, CSS2, PHP 5 , SOON PYTHON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Ajax & Javascript [ using yahooUI and dojotoolkit for ajax work ], database performance optimisation, security audits. - contact me , get work done the way it should be.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

If any domain is exploited it will be suspended and an e-mail notification is sent out to the customer. You really shouldn't have a problem though if you're updating within the same day or two. Most problems we have are with customers running scripts that are several months out of date.

Comment

• Pedja
      • Mar 2004

Dathorn wil not deal with hacked account until it causes problems for the hostign server. PHPBB hacks are mostly harmless for the host.

Comment

• ergo
        • Feb 2006

thats nice to hear, ive stubled apon some posts that indicated that dathorn suspends permanenty accounts after 2 hacks. but maybe those were more serious than i thought.

Freelance professional webdeveloper for hire - XHTML, CSS2, PHP 5 , SOON PYTHON, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Ajax & Javascript [ using yahooUI and dojotoolkit for ajax work ], database performance optimisation, security audits. - contact me , get work done the way it should be.

Comment

• AndrewT
          Administrator
          • Mar 2004

Accounts that are running insecure scripts pose a security risk to the entire server. If your account is "hacked" repeatedly (generally more than twice depending on the severity of the issue), then obviously the appropriate steps were not being taken to properly protect the domain and a permanent suspension is in order.

Comment

• ergo
            • Feb 2006

so if this would be a small defacing or something not serious ppl not get booted from server ? goodto hear.

Comment

• AndrewT
              Administrator
              • Mar 2004

If someone simply defaces your site, that's not an issue with us. The problems occur when they exploit your scripts to run software directly on the server, spam, etc.

Comment

Working...