Upgrade - Several Methods? - Which is Best?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dis-6066
    • Mar 2006

Upgrade - Several Methods? - Which is Best?

To acquire more disc space and bandwidth, when planning to do a lot of reseller business, it appears that there are three methods:

(1) Upgrade Basic --> Business --> Professional --> Corporate
    (2) Just use Basic, but acquire numerous accounts
    (3) Just use one Basic account, but request more resources under the advertised rates "additional bandwidth $0.50/month/1GB, additional disk space $1/month/$200MB"

It's not obvious to me which of these three methods is the best way. Does anyone have any suggestions? Did anyone make, or would anyone care to make, a handy comparison chart that shows that one of these methods would get me the most resources for the lowest price?

Thank you for your time....

Mike Lepore
    lepore at bestweb dot net
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

I can certainly tell you that option 3 should not be a choice as that will be far more expensive. The extra pricing is only available really for users that need to add small amounts to their existing accounts. For large amounts it certainly isn't worthwhile.

Between 1 and 2 it's really up to you. Our pricing is linear. Having multiple accounts could spread them among different servers so if there is a server problem only one of your reseller accounts is affected.

Comment

• sphen
      • Aug 2007

i am interested in getting more than one account with you guys in order to achieve services on different cpanel servers etc. if i already have a CCP and billing login etc - how would i go about adding another service under that account? Are your systems smart enough to do so if i submit another purchase or should i just submit a ticket?

thanks.

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Our current customer control panel does not support the mangement of multiple accounts from a single login. You would have to purchase an entirely new account via our website and it would be entirely separate from your existing account.

The new version of our customer control panel will make it possible to manage multiple accounts from one login. We hope to have this up and running by the end of the year.

Comment

• loyalrogue
          • Apr 2004

Hi Andrew,
          Is that feature available in the current customer control panel?
          Is that supposed to be for the customer login at dathorn.com or is that for the WHM or both?

To the original topic, I use both methods 1 and 2.
          I run multiple accounts and if one particular account needs more space I upgrade it.
          The cost/value is exactly the same.

Speaking of which, that's the reason I'm on the forum today.
          I'm debating between upgrading one of my existing accounts or opening another account.
          Andrew, which cpanel is taking new accounts today?

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

Our customer control panel does not currently support the ability for you to manage multiple accounts. If you purchase a separate account, it will be entirely separate.

New accounts are currently being placed on cpanel74.

Comment

Working...