Thread: Dathorn Referral Program -- Questions

Default Dathorn Referral Program -- Questions

I'm interested in using the referral link of the type
    https://dathorn.com/order.php?action...rder&referrer=..........

Does my credit for the referral get maintained if the customer browses around before signing up? For example, if the customer clicks on the descriptions of the various plans that appear on the left side of the page, or reads a FAQ or other document, then signs up? Or is credit for the referral only detected if the customer immediate clicks "continue"? Is the credit for me lost if the customer leaves the dathorn site and returns later? Is my identity as the referrer saved in the customer's cookie? (If so, how long before it expires?)

Thanks,
    Mike Lepore
    lepore at bestweb dot net

Right now it is only recorded if they order directly via that link. There is also a field to enter it in the order form manually as well.

That answer part of my confusion, but I still wonder about something. The announcement says the credit is "equal to the amount of the plan that the user purchases." Now if I pass my mouse cursor over the image links on the left side of the page, which say basic, business, professional and corporate, I see that the variable "referrer" isn't being passed to those links. I reckon that means that, if they click on one of those four images, which I believe the average person is likely to do, the software won't remember that I referred them.

I would feel more comfortable if, either: (1) Those four plan-describing images weren't links, or (2) If those four images were not shown, and instead the name, description and price of each plan were presented in a table of plain text. Then the customer will more likely follow the intended path, and click "continue."
    Last edited by dis-6066; 03-10-2006 at 10:53 PM. Reason: adding suggestion:

I understand your reasoning but at this time modifying the referral scripts is not of a real high priority. We rarely see them get used as it is. They will be improved at some point, however.

Thread Information