Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaCurryman
    • Mar 2004

Anonymous HTTP Site (Proxy Webpage)

Basically, my company has firewalled a bunch of sites and ports including those that would let me connect to my CPanel. My domains are not affected. I can goto www.mydomain.com, but I cannot access the cPanel for mydomain.com

I know there are those anonymous sites/portals on the Internet that allow you to bypass firewalls, but my company has blocked those sites as well. I was wondering how hard it would be for me to setup a site like that one one of my domains....like www.mydomain.com/proxy so that I can use it to surf blocked pages and also to make changes in my cPanel instead of telling people that I can't help them until I go home.

I'm not going to use this page for others on the net to use/abuse (i'll probably password protect it so it's only for my use), but yeah, I'm looking for help on setting something like this up. Thanks in advance for the help.
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Please see our announcements forum. Running anything even remotely similar to this will result in your account getting suspended.

Comment

• DaCurryman
      • Mar 2004

Oh...woah...must've totally missed that. Sorry...not trying to get the boot.

Anyone know of a way to bypass the cPanel port, so that I can access cPanel from behind my company firewall? mydomain.com/cpanel basically forwards to the 2082 port...so that doesnt seem to work.

Comment

• Andy
        • Mar 2004

You would have to use a web based proxy service

the-cloak.com or megaproxy. Try a search in google.
        Andy

Comment

• openbox
          • Mar 2004

Get in good with the person that manages the ACLs on your routers/firewalls and ask them for a favor

Seriously, this has been a gripe of mine for a long time. The only ways to do it is hope your admins grant access, access through a proxy, or wait until you get home. You could probably set up a port forwarding schema if you are really desparate.

Comment

• DaCurryman
            • Mar 2004

The only problem is that I'm in one of our New York offices and the list of restricted sites is controlled by our corporate headquarters in Chicago.

The port forwarding might not be such a bad idea...do you have more info on this?

or mebbe if I can set-up some kind of remote desktop control of my home machine.

Comment

• DaCurryman
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Andy
              You would have to use a web based proxy service

the-cloak.com or megaproxy. Try a search in google.
              yeah, the only problem with this is that the company has blocked all of those sites. I spent a whole day once searchin for a possible site they hadnt gotten to..

Comment

• ChrisTech
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DaCurryman
                The only problem is that I'm in one of our New York offices and the list of restricted sites is controlled by our corporate headquarters in Chicago.

The port forwarding might not be such a bad idea...do you have more info on this?

or mebbe if I can set-up some kind of remote desktop control of my home machine.

Ever try using realvnc ? www.realvnc.com

you can set your port on the server to 80 (no one blocks that ever) =P
                I do this so I have access to my home pc from work so I can access a few things when Im @ work or away from home (like email and such)
                Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

Working...