Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CCB
    • Apr 2006

Website issues

We recently have been having several problems on our website. I am new to supporting technical issue at our site and have little experience dealing with these types of issues.

On April 2, 2006 uses to our website reported several problems:

· the forum had old deleted message reappear;
    · we cannot upload photos to the site;
    · the calendar links do not display details.

These functions have been working without any problems for over a year and there have been not been any configurations changes made recently. I opened a trouble ticket with Dathorn support. I thought it might have to do with the cPanel upgrade. They replied, “We have absolutely no way of telling what may have happened.”

As I said, I am new to supporting this site. I have a working knowledge of DNS, but have only a little experience in a production environment. I would appreciate any help regarding what direction to look to resolve these problems. Is there something in our configurations that needs to be reconfigured due to the cPanel updates, or should I look in another area(s) to find a solution?

Thank you in advance for any help or advise that you can give me.

John

The official page of the Boston chapter of the Cruiser Club USA
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

What server are you on again?

Comment

• CCB
      • Apr 2006

Server name cpanel40

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

What you've described above is expected. You were on cpanel26 which was upgraded/transfered to cpanel40. This is why we recommended disabling database activity once the upgrade process began as you would lose changes between the time your site was transfered and the time it actually loaded from cpanel40.

Edit: I apologize for not realizing this in your ticket, for some reason I thought you were on a different server.

Comment

• CCB
          • Apr 2006

Thank you for identifying the cause of the problems.

Not many changes were made during that period, so it is not much work to re-enter those changes.

However, we are still experiencing the problems of uploading photographs and re-entering calendar details.

If you can point me in the right direction to resolve those problems, I would appreciate it.

Comment

• AndrewT
            Administrator
            • Mar 2004

I have no way of saying what might be causing this nor do we really support 3rd party scripts. It is something that you'll have to look into and/or contact the developers regarding it.

Comment

• ChrisTech
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by CCB
              Thank you for identifying the cause of the problems.

Not many changes were made during that period, so it is not much work to re-enter those changes.

However, we are still experiencing the problems of uploading photographs and re-entering calendar details.

If you can point me in the right direction to resolve those problems, I would appreciate it.
              Check your different directories to make sure they have the correct permissions (read/write), which is more than likely the problem for your uploading issue...not sure on the calender...maybe double check settings within that script/program?
              Hosting at Dathorn since March 2003!

My Interwebs speed on Charter Cable!

Comment

• CCB
                • Apr 2006

Just to follow-up with the solution. We got a hold of the original web designer who resolved the problems as follows:

The photo section uses different programs installed on the server and it turns out they are in a slightly different location on this server than the last. As for the calendar, it uses a programming language named PHP and in the new version there are settings turned off that we need.

Thanks to ChrisTech for you help! -- CCB -- John

Comment

Working...