Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fran
    • Apr 2004

Jaws CMS Install Problem

Has anyone installed Jaws open source CMS? I've tried a number of things to ensure the installation is correct and it's beginning to get me.

The problem starts when at the database definition:

dnname_dbname

or

dbname

neither works. I've tried installing iin a subdirectory as well as in the root with the same results. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

- Fran
  • Frank Hagan
    • Mar 2004

Haven't installed Jaws, but on many scripts, the database name has to be in the form of "CpanelUserName_DataBaseName". Sometimes, the "owner" of the database also has to be specified that way.

I end up trying all combinations to see what finally works.

Comment

• Fran
      • Apr 2004

Jaws Installation

Hi Frank. I've tried as many combinations as I can come up with including your suggestion. I tried installing in a subdirectory and defining/revising path names to reflect that as well. Nothing seems to work and that's the puzzling part. Just can't find the missing piece.

I'd like to see what this puppy can do as it's got some decent feedback in the CMS open source forum. Their support is a mailing list, so I'm trying that.

I got frustrated and installed Expression Engine Core instead on the test site. That went in without a hitch and actually looks pretty good, but I continue to read the chapter on it in the new book.

Do appreciate the reply, thanks again.

- Fran

Originally posted by Frank Hagan
      Haven't installed Jaws, but on many scripts, the database name has to be in the form of "CpanelUserName_DataBaseName". Sometimes, the "owner" of the database also has to be specified that way.

I end up trying all combinations to see what finally works.

Comment

Working...