Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndrewT
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

SSH access is only available for the domain user.

Comment

• Camo.Fish
      • Jul 2008

Putty for Windows comes with a SFTP client and is free. When using FileZilla for SFTP, make sure you limit it to one connection at a time or you may find yourself locked out of your server for a while.

I have completely left windows behind (thank god) and I can honestly say my production has greatly improved. I use 'scp' from the command line for almost all of my file transfers. There are some other things that I do but they are more technical and also more prone to causing issue so I will leave them for your own discovery.

These solutions do not require SSL since they operate over SSH, which is a built in operating system tool. You just have to enable shell access for the account, and if you don't want your client to be able to just click on something to get shell access, turn off that feature in their WHM package.

Comment

• ZYV
        • Sep 2005

Just for the record, there is a neat & free Mac-oriented FTP client called Cyberduck which supports SFTP. Transmit is quite good, but it's paid-for software.

Comment

• openbox
          • Mar 2004

Fugu is a decent SFTP frontend for OS X too.

Comment

• brownswo
            • Aug 2005

I've been using the Lite version of Core FTP (free). It supports SFTP.

I was using FileZilla, but it's been slower than (insert colorful metaphor here) since they released Version 3, which is when I made the switch.

HTH,
            Tom
            Tom Brownsword, CISSP, GCIA, Security+, ITILv3
            Information Assurance Analyst
            Colorado Springs, CO
            http://TheBusinessProtector.com
            http://BusinessActionSteps.com

Comment

• Frank Hagan
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by brownswo
              I've been using the Lite version of Core FTP (free). It supports SFTP.

I was using FileZilla, but it's been slower than (insert colorful metaphor here) since they released Version 3, which is when I made the switch.

HTH,
              Tom
              v3 of FileZilla was horrible ... I'm still using the last version of 2.1.3 (something like that).

Comment

• ZYV
                • Sep 2005

Anyone using Midnight Commander for this or I'm just an old-fashioned person ?

Comment

Working...