Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • earth-friendly
    • Jan 2006

giving my customers access to cpanel

Hi. I'm somewhat new at the reseller thing, and I'm figuring out how everything ties together with my Dathorn account, and the reseller accounts.
    I know that I can login to my reseller account by going to

which gives me access to create and modify accounts, packages, etc.
    So I can set up an account for a customer with a username and password, I can set up their email accounts, etc.
    But is there a way that I can give over some of this control to my customers, so they once I've set up an account for them, they can add email accounts, change passwords, and things like this, as long as they stay within their limits? How would they login to their account?

This is probably something obvious, so I apologize, but I'm just figuring things out.
    Thanks very much for any help with this!
  • -Oz-
    • Mar 2004

Will log them in. Just make them an account and then give them that url.
    Dan Blomberg

Comment

• earth-friendly
      • Jan 2006

Thanks very much! I knew it had to be something obvious.
      Is there any basic documentation for figuring out these startup issues, or should I just go to the forums? I've done lots of reading on the forums, but I'm very new to cpanel, so I'm still figuring out what it can do.

Another question: Suppose I want to hire an assistant to help me with webhosting issues, and I want them to be able to submit trouble tickets for me. Perhaps I want someone to cover for me while I'm away on vacation, and handle my customers' issues.
      I know that to submit trouble tickets, you can login to the customer control panel at https://dathorn.com . But that also gives you access to change the CCP and WHM passwords and contact information.
      Is there some way of just giving someone access to submit trouble tickets, without giving them this additional access?

Thanks very much!

Comment

• AndrewT
        Administrator
        • Mar 2004

Sorry, there is no other way to submit tickets other than via the customer control panel.

Comment

Working...